What did you do to 'prep' today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Changed batteries in my flashlights. Organized my eberlestock and have started doing 45 mins of cardio at the gym with a 60-65lb pack on. Get some strange looks but gotta get in elk shape it will help when the nwo takes over shortly as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Changed batteries in my flashlights. Organized my eberlestock and have started doing 45 mins of cardio at the gym with a 60-65lb pack on. Get some strange looks but gotta get in elk shape it will help when the nwo takes over shortly as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My elk hunt this Jan had me in a 40 lb back pack. After a 1K' climb, I ditched it, and went bareback. Went another 1k to get the elk and went back for the pack.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rotated gas from the cans to the truck.
Consolidated all cans w/ "leftover" into the generator tank

Bought more ammo
Stacked more ammo cans.

Dave

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, Good Lord, where do I start ...

Moved the rabbits out of the colony pen into hutches. Moved the 20 x 10 pen that was the rabbits' colony over to the other side of the yard to fix a pen for the dogs. Took some shelves that were left over from the little $40 greenhouse that blew away last May :( and ziptied them to one side of the dog run ... Now I have some shelves set up to grow some of those "bag gardens" on. They have some little bags of MiracleGro at TSC ... Monday I'm gonna get 6 or 8 of them and bring them home and give them a try with lettuce, radishes, salad green type stuff and whatnot ...

Set up a run on the hutch the little chicks are in so they would have more room. Moved them closer to the big girls so they could all see each other and hopefully not fight when we finally put them together ...

Shoveled ALL the compost (hay and rabbit poo) that has been "cooking" in the colony pen for the winter over to the side yard so I can clean off the concrete pad -- let me just say there is a LOT of rabbit poo back there. I am surprised that I have that much compost. My garden is gonna be happy, happy, happy -- and make room to build a permanent structure for the rabbit hutches/ water catchment system/vermicomposting system ... I gotta get this done in the next couple of weeks because we have babies coming ... :woot: In 14 weeks, me and a couple of rank butchering rookies will be knocking heads and cleaning bunnies ... :naughty: Yes ... there will be pics ... :lookaroun OK ... Not gory ones ... I remember the thread down there in Hunting about how to post "pretty" hunting pics ... :disappoin :wink2:

I have cursed the man who built this house more than once over his concrete fetish and apparent obsessive need for the entire property to be sloped to the west ... No more ... THANK YOU SIR ... That every so slightly slanted concrete is making my rainwater catchment system SO much easier to put together ... even if it did make the dog pen a NIGHTMARE to reassemble ... :grumble:

Have one raised bed from last year that needs to be "degrassed" ... :grumble: I HATE bermuda grass ...

OH and the ducks!! The ducks are coming week after next ... Think I have a pen to put together for them ... Hope they like it ... Thought I was gonna get a trio but decided that a pair of hens was good enough for right now ... I'll find a drake this fall maybe ...

I saw this on youtube ... I need a couple of kiddie pools and some Wal-Mart shopping bags ... :woot:

Larry drives me nuts ... I almost have to be drunk to listen to him ... but he does have some really, really good ideas ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom