what guns are u buying with tax money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People actually get refunds???? Seriously if you are getting a refund you need to redo your W4 with-holdings so that the gov isn't holding out more than they should and using YOUR money all year and then giving you a refund. You are much better off getting your money at each pay check and putting it in a savings acct. or invest it and make the interest off it all year long. Yes you may get a refund at the first of the year but if you do you are essentially losing the interest off it and just giving it to the .gov...

That is all...

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People actually get refunds???? Seriously if you are getting a refund you need to redo your W4 with-holdings so that the gov isn't holding out more than they should and using YOUR money all year and then giving you a refund. You are much better off getting your money at each pay check and putting it in a savings acct. or invest it and make the interest off it all year long. Yes you may get a refund at the first of the year but if you do you are essentially losing the interest off it and just giving it to the .gov...

That is all...

Just wondering ....what kind of interest could you get on that??

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just wondering ....what kind of interest could you get on that??

Depends. My local bank pays 3% on my checking acct. Normal passbook savings accts. only pay around 0.25% or even less now. There are higher paying interest acct.s out there you just have to look for them. The Online ING savings acct pays I think right at 1% now. Or invest the money. I made a 23% return on the money I invested in stocks, mutual funds for 2012.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have my W4 set so that my employer takes out only enough to cover my tax liability. So I get no refund this time of the year. What I am saying is that if people are getting say for example a $1000 refund check now. If they had gotten that money last year and not let the .gov hold it all year, and invested it. Going with my example they would now have $1230 assuming the 23% return I made.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I calculate mine for no refund, sometimes extra .
Change jobs alot , construction.
Would put it in interest checking @ about 1%-1.5%.
Never thought about the stock market angle....Thank You

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will probably buy a mossberg 18.5" barrel for a shotgun I currently own, and a .357 sig bbl for my M&P 40c. I just bought my rifle for the year today so that should hold me over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom