What have you done to prepare today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We need to refill our liquor stockpile.

We're bugging in, so our priorities are as follows: liquor > beer > ammunition.

Ammunition can be used to gather food. I've got a 24,000 gallon swimming pool for water. There is plenty of wood and books around to boil water and cook with.

So that means the main priority should be to keep spirits high.

Rajder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. SHTF almost every day at my house. When I get home and my wife's been chasing around our kids all day trying to clean up and do laundry etc, and I've been kicking back at the office getting coffee brought to me for 10 hrs.... mama not happy.

I tried packing a bug out bag the other night, but man... then the s REALLY htf. :explode:

Holy Crap! The same thing is happening at my house too! Do you know what this means? It means that the SHTF is spreading and is upon us. I've got to run out and prepare a bunker!:pms2:

When the OP was talking about spending days cleaning guns and resupplying all I was thinking was "man we don't even have time to clean the house or the vehicles and we can barely keep enough food in the pantry to make it through this week. If the S really does HTF I guess I'm going to be screwed". Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine anyone with a young family having enough time to actually stay on top of something like that. I don't even have enough time to keep up with my regular life. How am I going to prepare for the zombie's and the EOTW?

Bill of Rights

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy Crap! The same thing is happening at my house too! Do you know what this means? It means that the SHTF is spreading and is upon us. I've got to run out and prepare a bunker!:pms2:

When the OP was talking about spending days cleaning guns and resupplying all I was thinking was "man we don't even have time to clean the house or the vehicles and we can barely keep enough food in the pantry to make it through this week. If the S really does HTF I guess I'm going to be screwed". Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine anyone with a young family having enough time to actually stay on top of something like that. I don't even have enough time to keep up with my regular life. How am I going to prepare for the zombie's and the EOTW?

Exactly. When I get home there is usually a flood in at least part of the house, someone screaming in the background, someone in need of medical attention, gun shots, a man on fire, etc. SHTF just means the rest of the world starts acting like they live with us. We're pretty much as prepared as we can be.

onearmedman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
May be a repeat but what 'have' you done to prepare today? I spend 3 days cleaning all of my SHTF weapons .... also double checked my food stores ... time to roatate a few items.

Pink, how close are you to the flight line there?
http://www.survivalring.org/community/library/us-nuclear-targets/
OKLAHOMA
* Primary:
* Altus AFB, Clinton-Sherman AFB (Custer), Tinker AFB (Oklahoma City), Vance AFB (Enid).
* Secondary:
* Fort Sill (Lawton).
* Tertiary:
* El Reno, Tulsa, 10 miles southeast of McAlester, Oklahoma City.
I'm not trying to knock your thread, just worried about your location. Norman is close, at 15mi from TAFB, but survivable. (blast effects)

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While my 8 month old daughter does appear to have some rather inhuman gastro-intestinal pressures, I dont forsee her being in such proximity to a fan for the chit to hit it. But you're right, I guess I could use some more wet wipes in the living room...

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pink, how close are you to the flight line there?
http://www.survivalring.org/community/library/us-nuclear-targets/
OKLAHOMA
* Primary:
* Altus AFB, Clinton-Sherman AFB (Custer), Tinker AFB (Oklahoma City), Vance AFB (Enid).
* Secondary:
* Fort Sill (Lawton).
* Tertiary:
* El Reno, Tulsa, 10 miles southeast of McAlester, Oklahoma City.
I'm not trying to knock your thread, just worried about your location. Norman is close, at 15mi from TAFB, but survivable. (blast effects)

Clinton-Sherman Industrial Airpark is wrong...

It's in Burns Flat, in Washita County.

Used only for training and celebrity refueling now, since the City of Clinton didn't really do much to turn it into the Industrial Airpark they advertise it as... all their resources go toward their tiny municipal airport. They really have the interest in it to keep job wages in Clinton low...

But KCSM does have a nice runway, and its a GPS blackhole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom