What was you first ride? car, truck, ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
70 Chevelle, 327 4speed

Lucky dog!

A 10 year old 1977 Grand Prix. Man, it was long!

My Mom bought a '74 Grand Prix brand new with the 400 C.I. engine in it. That thing would out run all of my buddy's hot rods.

My first ride was a '63 Pontiac Bonneville - just like this one. Bought in '68, used for only $500.

Lucky dog!

My first ride was a Grabber Orange '73 Vega!! I had saved up $600, and my Dad, not wanting to spend any time looking for a car, made me buy the first thing we found that I could afford.

After about a year it starting burning more oil than gas, so my Dad helped me out once again by making me buy a four door '73 Comet from our pastor for $900.

I saved up, and I finally got something I wanted. The day I graduated high school, I bought a nearly new '79 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD pickup truck!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First ride was a 1979 kawasaki ltd400 76mpg 400 bucks
almost a tie as i also bought a 1966 mustang off a buddy was wrecked and 6 months later i brought it home
from a buddies house where i worked on it everyday..looked showroom new when finished. gave 75 bucks for it
had 300 in it.
stuff was cheap in the 1980's

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I grew up my dad was in the auto body,paint/mechanic service business and we also had a used car lot and a small chain of auto parts stores with our own distribution warehouse. All the kids in our house worked in the shops and stores and all my older brothers and sisters got cool cars when they started driving- my older brother had the Camaro, my sisters had Mustangs. I worked in the shops and the stores ever since I was a little kid too. I had my eye on either a TransAM or a 4x4 for my 16th birthday.

When I got home from school on my birthday there was no car waiting for me. When my dad came home from work he drove up in an old black car. It was my birthday car. A 43' Hudson Super Six. Suicide doors. 3 on the tree with a pull out overdrive lever. It was an old school Italian gangster looking old car. Joke was on him. He bought it as a joke thinking I would be pissed but I was stoked, it was a cool old car. I drove it for awhile but I ended up with a silver no Ttops TransAm with 6.6ltr. I had a cassette/CD player which was futuristic then and I also had my moms old bagphone for my early cellphone in the car. Lolllll. Hey, it beat having a pager/beeper and always having to find a payphone somewhere to make a call like alot of my friends.

bigken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1991 Buick Lesabre that I bought for $1200 in 2004 with 110k miles on it. It was a great car, I drove it about 100k miles over 5 years before It started to give me any real problems. All my friends made fun of me for my boring car, but I'd always give them rides when their cars broke down haha

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1946 Willys Jeep (G.I. surplus built in expectation of a Japanese invasion) Had to assemble it packed two to a shipping crate. It's where I learned to detest cosmoline...

LL

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom