What's your favorite pizza joint?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That place in Shawnee we always get our pizza from. Or the other one in Tecumseh.
I can't ever remember the names but when I get pizza it's from one of those two places.

ETA...SGT something in tecumseh.

Sgt. Joe's, I think.

Is it any good? I haven't had the nerve to try it.

I haven't found any good pizza I quite awhile. I will have to try some of the joints mentioned here.

A couple I was really disappointed in are, Old Chicago, and the original Hideaway in Stillwater.

Yuck!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't found any "holy crap that's good" kinda pizza in quite awhile. I found Hideway nothing close to it's reputation and all the other chain joints are just quick food on a busy weeknight.

The bar was set high by a little greasy spoon pizza joint called Joe's Pizza in a college town near where I grew up back in Mass. Dough made fresh, real hamburger and other fresh ingredients…preceded by a great antipasto salad for an appetizer. It's been in business since the 30's and the pizza still tastes as good as I remember it whenever I go back for a visit.

We have any place like that here?

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over in Missouri, there's a place called Arris' Pizza. It was started by a Greek family way back when in Jefferson City. They've got locations at Lake Ozark & in Springfield now.

Best pizza I've ever had. In 40 years I haven't found any I like better.

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being from New Jersey, this topic strikes a nerve.....Mazzio's and hideaway are cardboard with crappy sauce on the. They are terrible. Pizza Hut, Domino's and papa johns are what they are...run of the mill chain joints....Dominos has gotten better though. I have tried Humble Pie, and All American...tried them all. They all suck. But, after almost 5 years of exploring I have found fantastic pizza....a couple of New York natives who moved here....Papa Angelo's in Bethany. It's is very good pizza. In Tulsa, there is a place called My Cousin Vinny....also from NY natives. And that's it. Everything else is less edible than dog poop. Thank you for your time.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you guys about hideaway. Way too much hype for what it is, just pizza. But very eatable though.
I can enjoy just about any of it from mazzios to the local carryout junk.
I've been all over this country and haven't been wow'd anywhere. For the record I liked all of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom