Where are all the guys that went to college intead of the military??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orangevale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had “001” as my draft number from the Mar ’73 drawing, got processed but not inducted. The last Viet Nam era draft call was on December 7, 1972, and the authority to induct expired on June 30, 1973.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Jim Shoulders Bull and Bronc riding school back in High School. Was accepted in the OSU rodeo club and heading to OSU after HS.

Something hit me like a ton of lead and I went to work for the King Ranch for a year, the Waggoner Ranch for two years. Then I worked sheep and cattle for a year on my cousins ranch near Cortez,Colorado.

Next I went to Southern Claifornia to live with some relatives and burned up the streets from Huntington Beach to Cabo San Lucas,Mexico.

Came back to Oklahoma in the Mid-80's, obtained three Bachelor's and one Master's.

Wish I would have joined the National Guard or Air National Guard..lots of my family and friends did.

Guess you could say..that when I got rid of my wild oats...I kinda went crazy with education!!??

Cohiba

Last edited:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Jim Shoulders Bull and Bronc riding school back in High School. Was accepted in the OSU rodeo club and heading to OSU after HS.

Something hit me like a ton of lead and I went to work for the King Ranch for a year, the Waggoner Ranch for two years. Then I worked sheep and cattle for a year on my cousins ranch near Cortez,Colorado.

Next I went to Southern Claifornia to live with some relatives and burned up the streets from Huntington Beach to Cabo San Lucas,Mexico.

Came back to Oklahoma in the 80's, obtained three Bachelor's and one Master's.

Wish I would have joined the National Guard or Air National Guard..lots of my family and friends did.

Guess you could say..that when I got rid of my wild oats...I kinda went crazy with education!!??

Cohiba

I am just glad you are still breathing, wondering if you were snowed under,
Lone Wolf

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did both. Seems many of these threads are making some folks feel alienated or belittled. I respect the foloks who served and the folks who did not. Lots of reasons for joining the military and lots more for not joining. Only about 7% of the population ever served and that number is dropping drastically as fewer and fewer are joining.

There are a lot of different paths and a lot of different ways to serve your country.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yo Yo! Injun Ear in the house!

The proceeding is midwestern slang for an "engineer" - someone who designs crap or drives trains. It is no way an attack on the far right wing, Rush Limbaugh, the one true American faith or anything else bad. Just simple sarcasm that was not meant to offend anybody. Any political extremist robot is hereby warned to enable their humor chip before reading the preceding statement.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom