Where are all the guys that went to college intead of the military??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TheMcs

Here. SOSU class of '00 (Doo-rant). Had a good time (too good, a couple academic probations) but learned more off campus than in class. If I did it over I'd go to a better school, one that actually got the attention of employers and take the opportunity seriously.

I learned a long time ago nobody gives a crap to hear why I didn't enlist. Reminds me of an old article from Men's Health, "Don't be a Bob" (or something close). I remember one girl in high school told me not to enlist, because the Marines turn guys into a**holes, and I was too nice of a guy. Always thought that one was pretty funny.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Went into the Okla Army Nat'l Guard straight out of high school and then tried to roughneck, go to school and fly around on Hueys all at the same time. Made more money in the oil patch and like the Huey so dropped school. Tried to go back to school several times but seem to get deployed everytime I enrolled. Now about to retire in 3 yrs and don't think I need a Masters to fish and shoot everyday.

For all y'all that didn't enlist, don't worry about it. That's why there is an ALL VOLUNTEER military. If you don't want to join, you don't have to. And everyone knows that the mil isn't for everyone, just like going to college isn't for everyone. I respect you all that could stick with it for the duration as every spring I wanted to go fish, fly or work and every fall I wanted to go hunt or fly .... you get the picture.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to OCCC right out of high school because the military wouldn't take me (asthma and 2 skull fractures). I then went to OSU and FINALLY graduate from University of Phoenix '11.

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only finished my Associates up to this point. I'd like to finish up my Bachelors within the next few years. Eight years is a long commitment. I have a lot of respect for those who are willing to commit that much time or even longer for a career in the military.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just curious as to the meaning of this thread? I graduated from College, but I would be more proud if I had served in defending our freedom in the current war. I couldn't get in due to severe hearing loss, but, I am a SGM's son and have a Sister that is a retired CW4 and a bro that is a LTC, so I look very favorably to our vets and service members

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just curious as to the meaning of this thread? I graduated from College, but I would be more proud if I had served in defending our freedom in the current war. I couldn't get in due to severe hearing loss, but, I am a SGM's son and have a Sister that is a retired CW4 and a bro that is a LTC, so I look very favorably to our vets and service members

like others i joined, got out then got my BA much later. Im prolly in the minority but Im more proud of my BA than my time in service.

I know this for sure, between military and college, im more empathetic and open minded than i was before either.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty clear in the title except for the word instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom