Apparently, you CAN bring a knife to a gun fight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have ALWAYS been a fan of the Kukri fighting knife, they use those to behead water buffalo for ceremonial purposes. One swipe, all it takes. There are some brutal youtube videos demonstrating the effectiveness of the Kukri.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting story about the Gurka troops.
We were stationed in Korea at the time with some Gurkas that were part of some contingincy that I can't remember. One night we were drinking some beers, and it was getting pretty rowdy, one US soldier said something that the Gurka took offense to. He pulled his knife, but his buddies held him back until he calmed down.
Tradition with the Gurkas and their knife, is that if it is drawn, it must draw blood before being put back into the sheath. The guy cut himself across his thumb, and wiped his own blood on the blade before putting it away.
Party wasn't so rowdy after that.:lookaroun

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno...chuck could take him. :saywhat: On a more serious note he is a true badass. I have a cold steel san mai (sp?) kukri....if you have seen one it's not hard to imagine him kicking ass with something like that.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pix of girl he saved?

He was probably thinking "If I save her this ending will be like the ending of Speed."

In other news the guy is a total BA but I think your post is misleading, you made it sound like all the other guys had guns when the article says 40 other guys had a slew of knives, swords, and guns. The guys with guns might not have even been in the same train car as this guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom