Co-witnessing...not just for AR's anymore!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got a brand new AK mount today. This was designed and developed by an engineer in Utah especially to mount Aimpoint's on an AK.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

I have been following the development of this mount with great interest over the past year since the first post about it on one of the AK forums. I have tried several mounts for AK's and all of them had some issues. Too high, not centered, not heavy-duty enough, etc. This mount, however seems to solve all the issues with mounting a quailty scope effectively on an AK.

It sits low enough to co-witness the irons...lower 1/3..yet you can still field strip the rifle without removing the optic so you dont lose your zero. As important, it allows a good cheek-weld when shooting. None of the other russian optic mounts would allow a good cheek-weld....it was a "chin-weld" at best.

[Broken External Image]

It even field strips with the "rubber-armor" on, though I did have to modify the the rubber just a little to make that so. The gas piston is a little trickier to get in as you have to put it in at just the right angle to make it fit under the mount, so it takes a few more seconds to put the rifle back together after the field-strip. No big deal really!

[Broken External Image]

It does have some left-right adjustment so you can center it to your particular AK. This finally solves one of the biggest issues with most of the side mounts for AK rifles. It is nice to finally have one that will absolutly center over the bore.

[Broken External Image]

The mount is very well made and the fit is VERY precise. It is of much higher quality than any of the russian optic mounts I own. It is very light also. Mine weighed in at around 6.3 ozs.

It looks great on the rifle and Im anxious to get out to the range with it.

[Broken External Image]

If you want more information, check out the facebook page of the guy that designed it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RS-Regulate/151408161562910

Sharingan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that an Arsenal? It looks strikingly similar to the slr107f I just bought. I was surprised how ridiculously accurate it was and easy to manage (which I hear is partially from the ak 74 muzzle brake that you appear to have as well). The rifle being extremely accurate I thought about scoping it but I didnt want to lose my iron sights because this rifle is a BEAST with them and up close.. If you have great luck with this set up, I may have to steal it or something similar.. Let me know how it works at the range for you...

-Will

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple questions for the op.

Where'd you get your rear sling adapter thingy?

How much are these mounts?

What are aimpoint's going for these days?

It really looks like the perfect solution for people like me that want a functional RDS mount while preserving the traditional aesthetics of the rifle.

Recently got my OD green SGL21, I love it, can't wait to take it to the range later this week.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple questions for the op.

Where'd you get your rear sling adapter thingy?

How much are these mounts?

What are aimpoint's going for these days?

It really looks like the perfect solution for people like me that want a functional RDS mount while preserving the traditional aesthetics of the rifle.

Recently got my OD green SGL21, I love it, can't wait to take it to the range later this week.

The "rear sling adapter thingy" is made by blackhawk. I think I ordered mine from Amazon.com

The retail price on the mounts are about $150.

Aimpoint Comp M3 is about $550 or so...cheaper if you look hard enough.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been a big fan of the ultimak. You lose your zero if you remove it (the gas tube). I shoot a lot of corrossive ammo, so I like the abiltiy to remove the gastube easily.

Latest posts

Top Bottom