More tax dollars wasted

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone has dropped the ball again and money is being wasted, there are still Oklahoma guardsmen sitting on their hands at camp Shelby with nowhere to go. Most of the units from the 45th have shipped out but there are still many troops just sitting there past the day they were to ship out. I think the news needs to corner a congressman and ask them why the soldiers are not being put to good use.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was an 0311 in the Marine Corps I couldn't even count how many accumulated days I sat on my pack waiting to deploy. It wasn't until I went to the dark side of the officer ranks and did my Joint Tour that I realized somethings couldn't be avoided. Sometimes it is easier (and less costly) to have troops stand around and wait then it is to allow them to leave and then muster them back up at the drop of a hat when transpo arrives. Unless your unit has their own planes, trains, and automobiles you are waiting on higher headquarters logistics and possibly even TRANSCOM. Now, I don't know the situation at Camp Shelby but I felt like adding what I know from previous experience because it's not near as easy as one would think to just jump on a truck and go.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They could be waiting on the C-5/C17/civilian rotator aircraft that takes them to their next location to be fixed, another priority mission took their airlift or any other of a jillion reasons could cause a back up like this. Logistic is tuff to pull off when everything goes right, which seldom happens.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We waste so much money on so many things that if wasting money on these soldiers is keeping them housed and fed and paid while they sit safe inside our borders its money well wasted if you ask me.

MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger wastes of money than having soldiers sit here stateside waiting for their ride to show up are occurring all the time.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We waste so much money on so many things that if wasting money on these soldiers is keeping them housed and fed and paid while they sit safe inside our borders its money well wasted if you ask me.

MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger wastes of money than having soldiers sit here stateside waiting for their ride to show up are occurring all the time.

This.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hurry up and wait.

yeah that is the official military slogan, I would rather have our soldiers sitting inside our borders getting paid, fed, and a roof over their head but over the past week and a half I have been hearing a lot of b**ching from soldiers and their spouses. I don't know how the national guard works because I was always active duty but it seems like the communication is way worse in the guard these guys seem like they don't even know what is happening now.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...but over the past week and a half I have been hearing a lot of b**ching from soldiers and their spouses...

Yeah well do you blame them?

"Well honey, I thought we were supposed to fly out last week but now were just standing around doing a whole lot of nothing. I'm not sure what the hold up is."
"You mean to tell me that they call you up, take you away from your kids, take you away from me, and now you're just hanging with the boys doing nothing all day? Who is going to cut our effing grass? You could be home right now helping me with the boys, etc etc"

That's why the wives are pissed haha. Not to mention there is an extreme stress around someone in the guard being called away from daily living to go live in a high stress life threatening situation, then to find out that you the spouse, are worrying your guts out while your other half is just hanging in the balance with no clue whats going on. Its undue stress and that aggravates people too.

Just my take on the situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom