Upcoming Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelbs33

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lived in Tulsa for four year, but always had something going on when the show was open. I'm pretty excited about going in Nov and just wondering if there any good tips from the OSA community on getting the most out the show since it's such a massive one? Also, got some Texas buddies going with and they're curious about how the vendors are with dealing with out state buyers. Gun shows can still sale long guns like ARs and bolt actions to out of state, right? Appreciate any help.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shoes and a pocket full of cash.

Out of state residents can purchase long guns but no handguns or receivers.

It seems like most of the collectible firearms are downstairs and the tactical stuff upstairs.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you've never been to the Big Tulsa Gun Show, get ready for a huge crowd, pushy people, rude people, high prices and 11 acres of guns from wall to wall. As you drive through the parking lot looking for your parking place, you'll notice tags from almost every state in the country. One of the better things they've done is have shuttle buses take everyone back and forth.

I decided the last time I went back in April was going to be my last time. I was shoved and pushed hard enough to be bruised and I've decided I've had enough. I can get better deals without the long drive from south of Okc to Tulsa at the Superdave and Badshot gun shows.

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely wear some comfortable shoes and take some ibuprofen before and afterward. Stop by my table and say "Hi" and enter to win a brand new Glock 19 (it's free). Also, you need to watch out for all the old fat lazy men riding their Rascals or Hoverounds. They have no consideration for pedestrians.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get there very early and wait in line, Start on the west end and if you see something you want buy it right then, If you wait and go back for it it will be gone or you won't be able to find it! comfortable shoes are recommended. Eat a big breakfast before you go so you don't have to eat til you leave at the end of the day.
Oh yea, Most important thing is to stop by my table and buy some .223 ammo!!!

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's something every gun enthusiast should experience at least once. It has become such a zoo over the last several years that I always debate long and hard whether to go. Lately I'm been skipping it more often than not.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yeah....i just can't do it any more....i went for several years, but as stated above, the crowds, the prices, the attitudes. not worth it. i can find much better deals on OSA, and the folks here are much more pleasant to deal with.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I have always taken a notebook to write down aisle numbers and prices in order to shop around.

This is a good thing to do... it's practically impossible to remember where you saw something to go back later.

Also... if you see a good deal on something you're looking for, you'd be wise to snap it up... there are so many people attending this show that coming back later for something that's not a commodity type and well stocked item is a real crap shoot. I can't begin to tell you the amount of people I've heard over the years who passed on a deal and went back a little later to find it gone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom