Upcoming Wanenmacher's Tulsa Arms Show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go to every one of them. I have never been pushed, shoved or treated rudely. Have always had a great time.

Wear good shoes and take your time. If you have something to sell, you will sell it quick, usually within 1 minute of entering. People stake out the entrance to make offers as people come in. I have bought and sold multiple times within 30 feet of the entrance in years past.

Have fun and appreciate that this is the only place in the world where this happens legally. How awesome is that!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting that the folks commenting here have said it's gotten more crowded in recent years. I've been attending every spring and fall Wanenmacher show for about seven years, and I and the fellow I share a table with have agreed that the crowds have gotten more sparse in recent years. It seems the biggest crowd is mid-morning to early afternoon on Saturday, then it drops off dramatically. Sunday's crowds these past few shows have been light to moderate, so I've thought.

But yes, I agree - good walking shoes, plenty of time and patience, cash in hand in case you run across something you really want, and a notepad and pencil in case you want to come back to a vendor selling supplies and such. Otherwise you may have trouble finding the table later.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's interesting that the folks commenting here have said it's gotten more crowded in recent years. I've been attending every spring and fall Wanenmacher show for about seven years, and I and the fellow I share a table with have agreed that the crowds have gotten more sparse in recent years. It seems the biggest crowd is mid-morning to early afternoon on Saturday, then it drops off dramatically. Sunday's crowds these past few shows have been light to moderate, so I've thought.

But yes, I agree - good walking shoes, plenty of time and patience, cash in hand in case you run across something you really want, and a notepad and pencil in case you want to come back to a vendor selling supplies and such. Otherwise you may have trouble finding the table later.

Todd they must have never been to a gun show in the 70's when it was wall to wall racks of guns, about a foot between tables, and ******* to bellybutton full of people.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plan on it being crazy. Get their early and be in a good mood. There are a lot of poor attitudes but no worse than a concert or other crowded venue. The crowds dont bother me. I think the chance to see so many guns in one place out ways the drawbacks. It is somewhat like waiting in a fast moving roller coaster line that has cool stuff to look at and can get out of line for beer and corndogs. You can jump back in line anywhere you want. The line last for 8 hours and if you dont buy anything there is nothing worth the wait at the end.

Parts of it will be like that and parts of it won't be so bad. It is a great experience. There are guns there you will most likely never see anywhere else. We have always started on the east end and usually end up buying something on the west end. We plan on starting on the west end this year. Like was already said more curio and relic type stuff on the east end.

Your gonna love it. Don't forget the comfortable shoes and pain relievers.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Todd they must have never been to a gun show in the 70's when it was wall to wall racks of guns, about a foot between tables, and ******* to bellybutton full of people.

Alas, I wasn't around in those years, but I've heard plenty of stories of how one could find a good deal on an interesting milsurp - that was about the time the M1 Garands were starting to hit the civilian market, and K98's, Arisakas, Swedish M96's, and others were in good supply. Good deals on tons of milsurp ammo could be gotten too, especially if it was 30-06 or .308 since the Army was into 5.56 in a big way and was dumping a lot of the big caliber ammo. Ah, well.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son turned 30 this year. We've gone to the show twice per year for over 20 years. He's an intellectual property attorney in Dallas now and will not make the show. It just won't be the same. :(

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't let the pusses scare you off. There will be a little elbow bumping.
There will be great deals, just don't pass them up. Don't be afraid to make offers, remember they are competeing with thousands of other tables.

Latest posts

Top Bottom