Panhandle wind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20 years I've been coming out here and I don't remember it being so bad and constant how do you guys have shooting out here.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Shoot the same direction of the wind, off of a bench...........and usually out of vise. Early mornings aren't always windy as well. Know of several where their shooting range in along the north side of a wind break.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot, Man. I grew up out there. We learned that if you couldn't hit the game with a projectile, you just run them down and clubbed them.

I could tell you stories, but all I'll say is that I miss vehicles that don't have front fenders on which one can sit. Oh, and hood ornaments to hold onto.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shoot, Man. I grew up out there. We learned that if you couldn't hit the game with a projectile, you just run them down and clubbed them.

I could tell you stories, but all I'll say is that I miss vehicles that don't have front fenders on which one can sit. Oh, and hood ornaments to hold onto.

LOL, the old VW's come to mind, and a couple of guys on each side of a wheat truck come to mind as well. LOL.... The story's I could tell when a young child running around with my uncle. He was the only one in my family that hunted.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, the old VW's come to mind, and a couple of guys on each side of a wheat truck come to mind as well. LOL.... The story's I could tell when a young child running around with my uncle. He was the only one in my family that hunted.

Nope, didn't do VW's. The winds out there just blow them around as well. Some were referred to as "metallic tumbleweeds." I remember a guy coming though in one and stopping at the gas station where I worked. He was amazed to find that neither of the two mechanics in town worked on VW's. He made a statement referring to the VW as the "most popular car in America." To which I replied, "Not out here. The wind is too strong for them."

Latest posts

Top Bottom