6.8 spc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have recently finished my 6.8 upper. Its a bison armory 18in SS barrel with a mid-length gas system. It has a 15 inch free floated Samson evo hand guard and a silencerco flash hider/ suppressor mount. I am waiting on my paperwork to clear the BATFE for my silencerco SPECWAR 7.62 silencer. I just threw a cheap $80 1x4 variable power scope and zeroed it at 100 yards with 115 grain hornaday rounds. within 10 rounds, it looked like a pretty little cloverleaf of five rounds at .7 MOA. I was flip flopping on 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC, but when I walked into my local walmart one day and I saw that they had 12 boxes of it, and that I couldn't find Grendel even at academy, My mind was made up there. And I can get 115 grain Remington for $18 at academy.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let us know what you decide on and why... I am in the market for the same thing. I'd like a nice lightweight suppressor I can use on both 6.8 and 5.56.

My next build is probably gonna' be 6.8SPC, I just think it's a better cartridge overall compared to .223 besides accuracy at long distance like +500 yards.
I just don't know what color the rifles is gonna' be. Either black or OD green to match up with my Glock. I might do the OD green, brick red, leafy brown camo on it. It's probably gonnna' be set up like a carbine so it's fluid and fast.
I'd love to get the money for an SBR but nopes, not me.
Now if it's still legal to shoulder it with the Sig brace then I'll do that, from my understanding it's not law quite yet butt soon it might.
Now if I do Sig brace it or any other brace like thing it's gonna' be in .223 for sure!

Latest posts

Top Bottom