I need advice about a fence.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long story short, family member had their fence blown down. They hired a ********* who put up fence posts two feet away from the old fence posts and now refuses to move them to the correct location. Good guy 348 now has to fix this cluster.

I've never put up fence posts. Can I just pull the fence posts with the concrete and drop them in the correct holes or do I have to start from scratch?

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
get a Hi Lift style jack, a chain, some concrete blocks and something strong enough to span between the 2 blocks...I use a piece of 2x5 1/4" wall steel tubing I had laying around...

You only need the blocks and span piece if the post being removed is in concrete....

wrap the chain around the post or concrete at the ground, hook to the jack, and jack it right out of the ground....Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes per post to remove...Sometimes the post will slip out of the concrete, if so just dig down a little and wrap the chain around the concrete....

We've done over 100 this way....using the skid steer is still easier though...LoL...

If you're re-using posts, I'd bust the concrete off and add new to the empty hole...

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used the hi lift and and a chain to pull old wooden posts out with good success. Hopefully the guy didn't use much concrete in each hole.

The super lazy way is to dig down a few inches below grade and cut the posts off. Unfortunately this involves buying all new poles as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom