Talk to me about fruit trees ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't get any fruit here except for pears.
Brown rot, fire blight, apple cedar rust, leaf curl, etc. Then there's coons, deer, ants, wasp, yellow jackets, grasshopper, crows, and everything in between.

Well I guess I could dip the grasshoppers in chocolate. 🤷 The crows are safe. I figure they are as close to familiars as I have. 🤷🤷 Everything else is fair game, as they say, when it comes to making dinner. Ok, well maybe not the wasps and the yellow jackets. But stir fried 🐜 🐜 🐜 doesn't sound all THAT bad. 🤷🤷🤷

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I guess I could dip the grasshoppers in chocolate. 🤷 The crows are safe. I figure they are as close to familiars as I have. 🤷🤷 Everything else is fair game, as they say, when it comes to making dinner. Ok, well maybe not the wasps and the yellow jackets. But stir fried 🐜 🐜 🐜 doesn't sound all THAT bad. 🤷🤷🤷
I don't think I want any stir fried imported fire ants. If you don't have fire ants yet, count your blessings. People that don't have fire ants don't know what it's like.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't get any fruit here except for pears.
Brown rot, fire blight, apple cedar rust, leaf curl, etc. Then there's coons, deer, ants, wasp, yellow jackets, grasshopper, crows, and everything in between.
Dunno. I got pears and peaches from the trees at my folks' place, cherries from the tree at my place, and lots of apples and peaches from the trees at my grandparents' place. Maybe your neck of the woods is just cursed...

FWIW, if you have cedars nearby, you'll get rust on apples and pears. At least that's what my grandparents told me. There aren't any nearby cedars at my folks' place, and there's not really any rust on the pears from that tree.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then there's coons
That's why my dad finally quit raising a garden when he owned what's now my place. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd share, but those little ring-tailed trash pandas will decimate a garden in one night.

And that's why I never felt even a little twinge of guilt each time I popped one in the forehead with a .22...

Latest posts

Top Bottom