What is killing my chickens???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, I have the trap set up in front of the door to the chicken house. It has the carcass of the dead bird in it, as well as a fresh can of dog food.

i.imgur.com_AlZ4Ma0.jpg

i.imgur.com_4wHBBwd.jpg

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Opossum I bet.. cat goes for the head.
I set foot hold traps all around my chicken coop and got a couple cats and an opossum.

Either way you need to catch the thing and kill it..Sorry animal lovers.. some things must be eliminated.

OR take it to the pound. or 2 counties over.

I mean to transport it to a distant location and release it. Depending on what it is.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My folks had a similar problem. They finally caught a possum in the pen. My brother assassinated it and no more problem.

The offender is probably getting in somewhere around the cinder block. I mean, maybe no where near the cinder block. You'd be amazed how small a hole a possum can fit through.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My folks had a similar problem. They finally caught a possum in the pen. My brother assassinated it and no more problem.

The offender is probably getting in somewhere around the cinder block. I mean, maybe no where near the cinder block. You'd be amazed how small a hole a possum can fit through.

I put a dead bolt on the door after it killed two chickens last week. What happened today occurred as the chickens were going to roost in the evening, while the door was still wide open. I did not anticipate a daylight attack.

Edit: I am going to go on line and look at game cameras. I ought to be able to catch this thing tonight, but it would still be nice to know ahead of time what i'm dealing with here.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in '58 we moved about 35 miles from North Dartmouth, MA, to Mansfield, MA. After a bout a week we let our cat outside by himself figuring he knew that was now where home was. A week later the new owner of our old house called and said our cat was at the back door wanting in.

You'll have to move that cat at least a hundred miles or destroy it. The folks in the neighborhood you take it to might not appreciate the "favor", so plan accordingly.

Woody

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do us rural folks a favor and dont bring your problem out to us we have enough to deal with as it is, take your problems to the pound or deal with them on your own.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I caught a cat here in my yard and took it 75 miles away during a gun trade.. the trade was farther away.
On the way back I see this same color cat dead on the road.. it made it about 15 miles headed back towards my property.
Last one i took to the pound about tore the poor lady up that let it out of the trap..I told her it was wild.. she said it will be fine when i open the cage up.

I would not do that lady.. she was warned.. she left the room in a hurry and all all bloody down her arm.
I kill all of them ferrel cats.. dang disease carriers.
Stick the trap into a lawn and leaf bag with the critter in it and fill up the bag with exhaust fumes off your running vehicle.
Animal goes right to sleep.. feels no pain.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do us rural folks a favor and dont bring your problem out to us we have enough to deal with as it is, take your problems to the pound or deal with them on your own.

Do me a favor and tell me what you think it is. Before we get into playing stupid ****, I said depending on what it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom