Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default City/ lake boat fishing permits

Do most of the cities and lakes around the state require a permit for fishing and or boat use?

I have only fished Draper so far. I just picked up a boat and am wonder how things work outside the OKC area.
    AD1(AW) USN (ACT) 12/97-10/11
    TSgt USAFR 10/11-?

Owner Bullbuster Taxidermy
    bullbustertaxidermy@yahoo.com 405-778-9791

Owner of the first deer killed of the New Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA Biologist)

Kids who Hunt and Fish, don't steal and deal

Default Re: City/ lake boat fishing permits

Quote Originally Posted by Bullbuster View Post
    Do most of the cities and lakes around the state require a permit for fishing and or boat use?

I have only fished Draper so far. I just picked up a boat and am wonder how things work outside the OKC area.
    I know the Oklahoma City lakes require you to have the boat permit. Not sure about other lakes, Lake Texoma doesn't require an additional lake permit.

"Morons by the millions think if we just play nice, every one else will too, despite the massive, overwhelming, daily, incontestable evidence to the contrary." -WAC

Feedback

If it is an actual city lake, then yes it's my understanding that most do require a boat and/or fishing permit from the city. Lakes managed by the state or COE do not.

Where are you planning to go?

I usually buy a yearly permit at the Duncan City lakes. Fugua, Clear Creek, Humphries and Duncan all require a city permit.

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
    I usually buy a yearly permit at the Duncan City lakes. Fugua, Clear Creek, Humphries and Duncan all require a city permit.
    I do the same. One permit works for all of the Duncan lakes. My understanding is that Waurika has a permit requirement as well. I'm pretty sure my Duncan permit was $25 for the year. You can also get day passes, and I think they are around $5. Don't quote me on that though.

Depends on who owns or manages the lake. Look in the fishing regs. If its a city lake then im sure they require a permit. Department lakes mostly no

Most of the Corps of Engineers lakes also require a launching fee. Its somewere around $35 a year for each lake, or a buck a day. It should be well posted with signs if its required on the corps stuff. City lakes may not be so well posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    DennisShoddy is the 12th Imam
    Common sense is not a Gift....
    Its a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

- WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
    Duncan requires a permit for float tubes also.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by dennishoddy View Post
    Most of the Corps of Engineers lakes also require a launching fee. Its somewere around $35 a year for each lake, or a buck a day. It should be well posted with signs if its required on the corps stuff. City lakes may not be so well posted.
    COE lakes let you launch for free if camping, since they are all COE ran grounds as well.

I'll mostly use my boat at Draper and probably Heffner. I'll also be makeing runs south to Lawtonka and Ellsworth for fish and ducks in the fall. I know Medicne Park has a fishing and hunting city permit and boat permit as well.

I may run east to some lakes and such for cats at some point. Up till now I have only bank fished with my kids. So this boat permit is new to me.
    TSgt USAFR 10/11-?

Owner of the first deer killed of the New Grady County WMA-2011 (Verified by Rex Umber WMA Biologist)

Quote Originally Posted by bigfug View Post
    COE lakes let you launch for free if camping, since they are all COE ran grounds as well.
    Kaw has three ramps where one can launch for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB Books View Post
    DennisShoddy is the 12th Imam
    Common sense is not a Gift....
    Its a punishment, because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

- WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Hooker View Post
    Duncan requires a permit for float tubes also.

Pat

Yeah, most of the small town city lakes including Longmire mentioned in last Sundays Oklahoman sports page will try to make a little money on just about anything at the lakes they own. Glad to see another tube fisherman on here that is willing to venture out on some bigger water than a farm pond. As a side note for anyone interested, the Duncan Police Dept. has a real presence at the Duncan lakes and will be the ones to check you if you do get checked. The guy in charge of the enforcement at the lakes is named Rusty and he is a good guy and if I remember correctly is an FFL holder and knows his firearms. Good conversation if he is not to busy and I would'nt be surprised to find out he is a member here.

FYI for all interested

I stopped by Lake Stanley Draper on Sat the 27th. ALL boat ramps are closed till further notice due to low water levels I checked all 3 ramps I knew of. I know they have been closed for some time but didn't know for how much longer. Only info I could get was the water needs to come up atleast 4 feet before any ramp would be considered for re opening. That came from an officer at the lake PD office.

Yet again I learned that those that work at the lake store that I have spoken to haven't a clue about anything with the lake other than knowing its name. I have to assume the young kid working the counter was on his frst day on the job.
    TSgt USAFR 10/11-?

Both Ellsworth and Lawtonka require a permit to fish and another for a boat. The boat permit is for either fishing or sporting(water ski,tubing, etc). Don't let Lawton PD, they patrol the lakes, catch you without the right permit. It's not a good time. Luckily for me the judge dismissed as I was the dumb new guy. I thought the boat permit allowed all on board to fish without a permit. That's how I've experienced it in other states.Yeah, not so much.

Both of the lakes are owned by Lawton even though neither lake is within the City. You need a permit for everything - fishing, jug fishing, trotlines, hunting, fishing boat, recreational boat and more. Yearly permits are $10 for each type or $1 for daily use.

Ya I have the hunting permit as I duck hunt both of them.

I tell ya what its getting more and more costly to even enjoy the simple things in the outdoors around here. In all the states and places's I have hunted and fished in my life I have never had to pay as much to do so as I have to here in OK.

Also does anyone have any idea how long its going to take to fix the pump house at Draper. I've been in the area sense Aug and it was already broke then.
    TSgt USAFR 10/11-?