Never rely on Local Law Enforcement when buying a weapon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Usmc-1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know this might piss some of ya off , but having worked in Law Enforcement for 20 years I can tell you why!! One of the very best of the new polymers out there comes from Springfield Armory , the XD line of pistols (Im not promoting them ,I dont even own one) , How many police agencies use the XD line??? None , Glock pretty much owns it with Smith a close second (depending where you are) , Glock is a great gun and the Smith makes fine pistols as well , theres several other nice guns out there , personally speaking , if I had to go with a 9 I'd take the Beretta 92 f series or the CZ-75 , I also love my Glock 22 , But I think the MP series is good too!

What im trying to say is , police departments get a big discount from these manufacturers for there weapons (great marketing /advertising) plus people think cops shoot all the time because they carry a gun , not true!!!!!

Most cops (not all , dont get your panties in a wad , if your an leo , look around your department and tell me every one of them shoots, daily,weekly,monthly?) , cant be done! First off cops have other stuff to do , most cops have to go to court , you write a report , you have to go to court , you write tickets you have to account for them , that doesnt leave alot of time left over in the day to hit the range! 3 days off ,you say? one is spent in court!

Most cops if there lucky qualify quarterly thats every 90 days they shoot about 50 rounds to qualify and bang there back on patrol! Some departments shoot bi-annually and some just annually , now with that said , is it really a good idea to copy what the cops are shooting ? Nope , research , as a matter of fact , this forum and many like it are where you should get your info from !

* Cops do shoot , I shot daily for years , when I was in special ops I shot even more , some cops shoot alot , but most concentrate on the daily interactions of the job ! Watch videos of the cops who get shot and pay close attention to why they were shot , turn the sound off if its being narrated by some trainer who doesnt know ****, you can plainly see what the problems are , this is why if you dont shoot regularly you will freeze at the moment of truth or follow department policy and get yourself killed!*

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he was saying to keep from getting your panties in a wad and stay out of court ...QUIT WRITING TICKETs. And go shoot more. Maybe I am wrong.... Am I ?

Usmc-1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
right on King!!! Shoot more , practice as often as possible , my report writing was excellent , never lost a case , but the thesis isnt about report writing and it isnt about pleasing management , people seem to believe that cops are the end all when it comes to weapons? They are not , they dont fire enough to make a good enough decision , now if you want to base your opinion of buying a weapon from Barney Fifes experience , go for it , but Im gonna listen to a range master or someone who shoots a lot and shoots different rounds and different guns !

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should have put a LoL on that last post cause I was funnin. But I tend to agree with you. But only to a point. I tend to keep to the everyone has their own opinion and sometimes it stinks theory. Glock guys are almost always going to say Glock is best ...S&W Smith is better and Ruger for Ruger guys. Nothing wrong with asking questions but don't take it all to heart. Either rent and see for yourself or just buy what you think you will like. If I listened to half the people who posted about the firearms I own I would not have them. I like my S&W Sigma and my Taurus 617.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know this might piss some of ya off , but having worked in Law Enforcement for 20 years I can tell you why!! One of the very best of the new polymers out there comes from Springfield Armory , the XD line of pistols (Im not promoting them ,I dont even own one) , How many police agencies use the XD line??? None!*

The OSBI issues XD's to their agents.I'm sure there are others ,I just know an agent.Glock has been around for 25+ years,the XD maybe 8??

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oklahoma city issues xd's in the academy now,they dropped the g22 because of problems that glock was unable to remedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom