00 buck at waurika

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymill

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an invite to hunt private land this weekend for hog control and it borders waurika WMA so I will be hunting both areas, I plan on using archery and shotgun, the regs for waurika says pellet and rimfire does that include 00 buck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got an email from ODW and I believe they have changed the reg to allow 00 buck for hogs, but, don't do it until checking with the GW in your area to make sure.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last I heard, the use of buckshot had not yet been approved. Like Dennis said, I would check with the GW. I've killed hogs at close range with 12 ga 3.5in #4 heavyshot during turkey season.

I would stick with archery though. Good luck. Post a report and picks.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, now that you mention it, I do believe that made it legal to carry 0000 or #4buck for them. Might call the Jefferson County wardern to be sure........he will wright you a ticket if you are in the wrong.

DrTurkenstein

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only the portions of Waurika that are waterfowl impoundment are non-toxic only. There is a good portion to the north not designated as waterfowl area but hevishot is safe everywhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom