07-11 Toyota Tacoma owners - Chime in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard this argument before.
I don't agree.
Its one more accessory to make my life simpler.
In my years of owning roll up windows, vs electric windows, I've replaced a whole lot more manuals. In fact I've never replaced an electric. Just replaced the brushes after 300,000 miles.

The context of the comment was from a "hardcore" perspective that joeh mentioned. In your window example, if an actuator fails you can't roll down your window unless you pull the door panel and do some major reconfiguring. If a manual window fails you can use some vicegrips and usually get it down.

If your on a trail in Moab Utah and your transfercase actuator fails you could be in serious trouble because you are not locking it in with the actuator. If you have a manual lever and it fails, you can crawl under it with some bailing wire and probably fix it to atleast limp out.

With that said, I don't consider my Toyota a hardcore Offroad vehicle like my k5 on 42s with double transfercases. I will stick with the deer trails as the hardest wheeling for the Tacoma, so the knob on the dash is cool and convenient.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thing is awesome! I can say that if you're looking for a used 2nd Gen Tacoma, you need to go to KC and pick up a new one instead - they've got great deals at the dealership Joeh told me about and the sales and finance folks were great.

Very pleased with my new truck. I need a Swiss Army Sticker or emblem for it somewhere now.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice truck. I have an '05 DCSB 4X4 that I really love. The one thing that I did notice though, was that the leather Toyota uses, in general, does not wear as well as the domestics. But mechanically, very sound. Which dealership in Kansas did you like?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Hendrick Toyota Scion in KC.

Already used it to haul some old junk out of the garage today and I'm going out to test out the 4 wheel drive this week (got to get out to one of the ponds and trap some beavers).

Still living it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom