07-11 Toyota Tacoma owners - Chime in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with everything Josh stated except you can get a stick(except with a long bed and that may be what he meant). I flew to co springs and saved about 10% with the flight over local pricing. 2012 double cab 4x4 TRD Offroad with a 6-speed manual.

i48.tinypic.com_v6nfrk.jpg

I think he meant stick-select 4-wheel drive (not an electronic switch into/out-of 4-wheel/2-wheel drive).

Joeh - sent you a PM. The info is very much appreciated man.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I think your right. It was impossible to find a TRD Offroad 6 speed here, I guess I had that on my mind.

TRD OR 6spds are a rare beast.

But yes, I was referring to the stick 4wd gearbox, not the transmission. Toyota has gone to the electronic select, which is fine, but people aren't as enthused about it.

DPI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TRD OR 6spds are a rare beast.

But yes, I was referring to the stick 4wd gearbox, not the transmission. Toyota has gone to the electronic select, which is fine, but people aren't as enthused about it.

Just another actuator to fail when you need it most...

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 2012 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 v6 with a 6spd manual. I LOVE the truck but hate the payment. I test drove an '09 DCSB 4x4 v6 6spd TRD, and it was really nice, but the local dealership wanted 27,500 for the '09 with 50k, so I found a 2012 in Denver and I paid less for it. They're all really nice though. My uncle has had 6 Toyota trucks, and put on roughly 2,000,000 miles total on them. Lots of off-road miles too. Great trucks, just a bit pricey.

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tundras can often be purchased at a lower price than Tacomas. There are usually good rebates to be had on tundras, but not on Tacomas. I saved $3k by purchasing my truck where I did and not buying one in OK.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just another actuator to fail when you need it most...

I've heard this argument before.
I don't agree.
Its one more accessory to make my life simpler.
In my years of owning roll up windows, vs electric windows, I've replaced a whole lot more manuals. In fact I've never replaced an electric. Just replaced the brushes after 300,000 miles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom