1 In 5 Would Have Sex With A Robot: Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Daily Beast reports that one in five people in the United Kingdom would have sex with a robot, given the chance. That's perfectly fine with us, because we here at Weird News would probably get down with a dalek, too.

More than 2,000 responded to the poll at Middlesex University. The study also found that 46 percent of participants felt that technology was progressing too quickly, and at least 33 percent believe robots will one day replace soldiers, cops and teachers. They probably aren't far off, either: Robots have already replaced hand jobs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...bot-poll_n_5281180.html?utm_hp_ref=weird-news

How many of you guys would? :bigeye:

What are the other 80% having sex with?

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never understood why sex is bad when eventually it becomes a part of everyday life, for most of us, but violence and gore are totally ok to portray. Boobs on TV is wrong, but a slit throat and a blood spurt is completely ok? I still don't get it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never understood why sex is bad when eventually it becomes a part of everyday life, for most of us, but violence and gore are totally ok to portray. Boobs on TV is wrong, but a slit throat and a blood spurt is completely ok? I still don't get it.

Because its the way we were raised. If we were raised with more nudity then it would be common place.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see it as a real household stress saver. "Damnit RH, go fawk your robot. I'm crafting."

"But but but...the batteries are dead. Fiiiine. I'll plug her in direct and fawk her in the basement by the 220 outlet."

"I hope you electrocute yourself."

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Me neither ... I used to have this "discussion" with my parents every so often when they would let my boys watch all kinds of war and horror movies ... I'd much rather my kids have watched something with a explicit, "nekkid people" love scene in it than folks blowing each other up (not Post 12s, the other kind -- with grenades and stuff :P) and torturing each other ... My folks' excuse?? They didn't have to "explain anything" with war movies because "boys will be boys" ... Gawd, I had a weird family ... :scratch: The older I get the more convinced I am they found me on a street corner in a box ... Most times I wish they'd have just left me there for the next group of weirdos to find ...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me neither ... I used to have this "discussion" with my parents every so often when they would let my boys watch all kinds of war and horror movies ... I'd much rather my kids have watched something with a explicit, "nekkid people" love scene in it than folks blowing each other up (not Post 12s, the other kind -- with grenades and stuff :P) and torturing each other ... My folks' excuse?? They didn't have to "explain anything" with war movies because "boys will be boys" ... Gawd, I had a weird family ... :scratch: The older I get the more convinced I am they found me on a street corner in a box ... Most times I wish they'd have just left me there for the next group of weirdos to find ...
I saw an interview with Quentin Tarantino a few (10?) years ago, and he talked about the movies his mother would let him watch when he was young. He said she would let him watch violent movies all day long, but nothing with sexual situations because, she said, he could easily understand the "fakeness" of the violence, but he didn't have a way to grasp the fakeness of the human interaction in the sexual situations.

It has been a long time since I saw that interview, so I may be misstating her case, but he was quite clear that he was allowed to watch violent movies, but not movies with sex scenes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom