10/22 cleaning!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dochawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just broke down and cleaned my 10/22 for time since I have owned the gun. Don't get me wrong I have run an oil cloth over and I have run a cleaning rod through it, but this is the first time I have completely broken it down and removed the bolt and stuff. Boy I had no idea how much gunk had built up over the years. I can not even begin to come up with round count for this gun. Oh did I mention that this was the first rifle my dad ever bought me when I was 7 (1986). I had no idea how filthy .22lr could be and I do not ever remeber the gun having problems with jams. I am sure there were a few along the way but not enough to stand out.

jb

Oh and once I get optics mounted I will post pics of my new and improved tacticool 10/22 with fluted bull barrel and blackhawk axiom stock.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had four of my redneck cousins at my pond and we were all passing guns around and making a hell of a racket. My fancy custom shop pistol stove-piped on one of them and I said sheesh I just had the damn thing apart the other day.
They all looked at me like "there's the problem."

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a few 10-22s that I take care of, but I bought one at a garage sale that had seen alot of use. I gave $75 for it and thought if it shoots at all it will be worth it. I left it behind the seat of my truck and just used it as a beater. I shot about 1000 rounds and then loaned it to a friend who had it for about a year. When I got it back I tossed it behind the seat and shot it everytime we went out in the country. I give it to a buddy about a year ago and he still shoots it. I don't think it has ever been cleaned. My Sig 22 pistol jammed right out of the box.....lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom