10-22 Custom BUG!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn bug bit again. lol
I happened across a almost new Ruger 10-22 a while back and stuck it back and forgot about it. Now that its almost time for my stamp to come back for _______ (insert big smile there)! Its time to start building.

[Broken External Image]

Started life as a plain jane black synthetic stock blued barrel. Well while at my favorite dealer's one day he made me a cant pass it up deal on a almost un-used shooters ridge thumbhole stock for $60 so it started.

[Broken External Image]

Now I am just waiting for my new barrel to show up..... it SHOULD be in next monday or tuesday.....

[Broken External Image]

more to come......:mosh::gun1:

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well after 3 weeks of waiting on the barrel here she is
[Broken External Image]

and with the custom brake
[Broken External Image]

and with the thread protector
[Broken External Image]

now just to sight in the scope around 25 to 30 yards since thats about the distance i want to shoot it at. I do have to say the wait on the barrel was a lil dumb, since I thought I was getting a Y.H.M. barrel and it turned out to be a E.R. Shaw barrel thats threaded with a Y.H.M. thread protector

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although the bull barrels look cool as hell, I just don't care for lugging the weight around, and since the furthest I ever shoot is about 25 yards or so I cut down factory barrel to 16.25" and added a YHM Phantom brake. Traxxis cerakoted the barrel, receiver, & trigger guard in OD and I added the PA Micro Dot and sights.

This was my first attempt that I didn't care for, but it gives you an idea of the colors.
[Broken External Image]

and this is the final product, sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

[Broken External Image]

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with it, and like AR's there are a million options. Nothing like pulling a mag dump on a steel plate to motivate you to buy more mags.

yea we have about 5 hi cap and 2 factory mags for our rugers. my brother also has a 10-22 we just built up with a 18'' barrel and a aftermarket stock with a centerpoint 4-16x50 scope.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an old pic of my 10-22... It's wearing a stainless, fluted barrel now but you get the idea. I don't shoot it much these days though.
ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_photo_18.jpg

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although the bull barrels look cool as hell, I just don't care for lugging the weight around, and since the furthest I ever shoot is about 25 yards or so I cut down factory barrel to 16.25" and added a YHM Phantom brake.

That's why mine has a lightweight aluminum KIDD barrel at 16.5 inches. Super lightweight, short and compact but can put as many bullets as you want through the same hole at 50 yards. It's also threaded so I can put the suppressor on it when I want. Quieter than a pellet gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom