10 tips to avoid speeding tickets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a faster driver and I never get pulled over for speeding. I go with the flow of traffic and then just a tad faster than most everyone else. Im not a big speeder by any means but admittedly Im always about 5 miles over.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speeding is like gambling, the odds always favor the house. However, just like gambling, you have to find those instances that improve your odds.

The only time I ever speed is under the following conditons: Interstate or good highway, non-city, dry pavement, good visibility, light traffic and limit to 8-10 mph over the limit. Most police tagging speeders on the highway will set their detectors at 10-15 over the limit.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a faster driver and I never get pulled over for speeding. I go with the flow of traffic and then just a tad faster than most everyone else. Im not a big speeder by any means but admittedly Im always about 5 miles over.

Me too. Being situationally aware is key(I think the article mentioned that), most ppl are busy txtng, talking on phone or whatever else ppl do to notice the unmarked with 2 small antennas and regular OK plates. I can spot most of those "undercovers" and regular B&W a mile away.

Slow down before cresting a hill. Also, if you see one cop on the side of the road with party lights activated, there is a real good chance his buddy is close by.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, if you see one cop on the side of the road with party lights activated, there is a real good chance his buddy is close by.
True. Especially on the interstates in OKC. OKCPD frequently run in packs out there, especially the ones on motorcycles.

Also, always remember to be courteous and flash your headlights to warn drivers in the oncoming lane if you see a cop lying in wait for them.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But this thread is about avoiding a speeding ticket, simple answer is don't speed. Not radars or watching for signs of police.

Latest posts

Top Bottom