10 tips to avoid speeding tickets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been pulled over for more than speeding, mostly bogus reasons. maybe half were for speeding. my cousin was pulled over because i was his passenger. middle of the night, and johnny law thought i looked suspicious... been pulled over for stolen plates. wonder why my plates were being scanned in the first place? stopped because my tag light was out. it wasn't...

people get pulled over on fishing expeditions all the time. if you haven't, well good for you.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im a lead foot driver too. Very bad habit...

About 13 years ago a Missouri HP officer had me pulled over. He went up to my 98' Supra TT while he had me in the front seat of his car and told my girlfriend at the time to tell me when I came back not to rely on 'that'- pointing to my radar detector on the dash. He was using a stopwatch hiding over a bridge just outside of KC. Got a ticket. Pretty sure being out of state with California plates didnt help either. The first 'Fast and Furious' had just come out and those cars were every where in Cali.

I was pulled over out in the middle of nowhere on I-80 in Nevada at 3am a few years ago by a Nevada HP. I was going over 100 mph. Got me with Laser. He was hiding somewhere, I probably woke him up from a nap blazing by. I was driving a GT-R to Iowa from California. He was cool and into cars and didnt ticket me. But he sure did lecture me. I dont go as fast thru there any more.

Im driving a lowered, modded Infiniti G35 now and its a magnet, Ive been pulled over a few times in it so far. 2 warnings and a ticket.

I do try to be conscientous when in traffic usually just staying with the flow of traffic, only inching it up when prodded by another sports car driver. I try to only speed up faster than 10 over when Im out in the open away from other drivers, which ironically is where I get caught the most too tho. Stupid me. But I cant help it sometimes, its tough to keep it under the limits with these cars out on the open highways.

I have never really cared for short distance drag type 1/4 or 1/8th mile street cars or even doing any drag racing- midnights at the strip or on the street, its just not my thing. Parts are too expensive to replace for the GT cars for that stuff. Plus I dont have anything to prove to anybody anyways. Not an ego boost for me. I favor the GT type cars because I like long distance racing in RWD Japanese sports cars, turbo or supercharged, lowered with body kits and intake/engine/exhaust/suspension mods, etc. While weirdly I am a super fan of NHRAs Mello Yello series, GT racing is my ultimate fave auto sport. I also like Formula One and open wheel racing alot, but am not that much into Nascar races.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom