12/21 and 12/24 Snow predictions....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Im already getting emails about my flight to WY tomorrow morning. Theyre supposed to get 8-18" but I'm not complaining. If I delay my trip to next week, Ill be on well pads with a high of 2*F and 10-20mph winds. I choose snow.
Well all flights into Gillette were canceled and the interstates were closed yesterday. I had made it to my gate and grabbed a cup of coffee before the email hit letting me know I would have to camp in Denver for the day to MAYBE get a flight the next day. I was able to get a gate agent to catch my bag before it was tossed on the plane, so I was back home by lunch with all my luggage in tow.

Luckily I dont have to go next week in the extreme cold, they said there is a 36 hour stretch where they wont be above 0*F ambient haha. I will have to go the first half of January though, so fingers crossed.

BallisticGuy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What’s the model showing now?
The Dec 20th run looks to have dissolved. The December 23-25 chance still looks possible with light snow. Our locals news stations are just now starting to talk about it as well. Another storm is showing up on the GFS long range for Dec 30th, but take that how you like to see it. Winter weather is almost impossible to forecast due to so many variables

Last edited:

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Dec 20th run looks to have dissolved. The December 23-25 chance still looks possible with light snow. Our locals news stations are just now starting to talk about it as well. Another storm is showing up on the GFS long range for Dec 30th, but take that how you like to see it. Winter weather is almost impossible to forecast due to so many variables

Thanks! From what I remember from my one meteorology class a long, long time ago was anything outside of 48 hours went to near 0 for accurate forecasting, and throw in winter conditions makes it near impossible. One can hope for a white Christmas here, but it doesn’t happen very often.

Latest posts

Top Bottom