1200 acre solar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Solar farm just north of Covington. First time I drove by it was noon and all the panels were facing up. I thought it was some sort of horse farm with sun shelters. Came back later in the day and all the panels were facing the highway. I was like, oh, solar farm. They put that thing up pretty quick cause I go through there pretty often.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The covington farm has been mostly complete and online since 2018. It is kinda easy to miss though, especially in the morning when the panels are facing away.

And I’d agree with JEVapa about the general location, just based on the proposed name and that there is an existing wind farm there. More often than not, a solar installation will tie into the battery and transmission lines that are already in place to service the wind.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In fact, solar produces 300 times more toxic waste per unit of energy than does nuclear energy, according to Environmental Progress, a Berkeley, California, nonprofit that supports the expanded use of nuclear energy.
All this "green" mania is going to come back to bite us. Imagine by 2050 when ICE vehicles are outlawed and they've got all those used lithium batteries from semis and busses and cars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom