1200 acre solar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I are working the north part of Texas in our Summer jobs and are seeing lots of wind farms and solar farms. We first saw them last year, and some of the solar farms are taking up full quarter sections of land.
Things must be tried when searching for a solution to a problem, most don't work. Ever see the news reels of all the ridiculous powered flight contraptions? The final test will be the free market system, when all the hype and subsidies, stop!! Remember home wind mills, now the three wind generator towers still standing, are bird roots!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Solar farm just north of Covington. First time I drove by it was noon and all the panels were facing up. I thought it was some sort of horse farm with sun shelters. Came back later in the day and all the panels were facing the highway. I was like, oh, solar farm. They put that thing up pretty quick cause I go through there pretty often.
The probably 1 acre parking lot at the OKC VA is covered in solar panels.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they are trying to make nuclear energy look clean. don't be fooled.
The radioactive half life of some of the nuclear waste is thousands of years, and has to be transported thousands of miles through cities via rail or truck. An accident with a radioactive release could create a wasteland where it happens.
Yes, the transport container is considered crash proof, but it’s the government doing the certification. Trust them?

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The radioactive half life of some of the nuclear waste is thousands of years, and has to be transported thousands of miles through cities via rail or truck. An accident with a radioactive release could create a wasteland where it happens.
Yes, the transport container is considered crash proof, but it’s the government doing the certification. Trust them?

i am sure that the japs considered their nuke to be safe also.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

i am sure that the japs considered their nuke to be safe also.

Foolish to put a nuke along a fault line or along the coast, but they did both.
The three mile island disaster in the US came about because the operators of the plant didn't trust the instruments that were telling them a meltdown was in progress. No matter the instruments were recently certified and calibrated by in-plant personnel.
That incident and the protests against the Black Rock Nuke power plant that was to be built near Inola Ok in the early 70's derailed the plan to build a nuke facility at what is now Sooner Power plant between Ponca and Stillwater. The 5000 acre lake for cooling water was under construction when the decision was made to go coal vs nuke because the protests were gaining ground.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Admittedly, I likely have an alternate perspective than most. And I’m not the least bit offended if your opinion and reasoning differs from mine. But I have some skin in “green” energy. Im not investing, but this stuff is what’s paying my bills currently. Im an independent landman/broker that has traditionally been all hydrocarbon. Oil and gas prospects are drying up- not the wells themselves- but the work (prospects) they generate. The injection of renewable prospects has helped keep an entire industry afloat while the current administration is dumping on “traditional” energy. I couldn’t be more thankful for it. The clients are the exact same as O&G. The process and work (atleast on my end) are the exact same as O&G. The vast majority of my invoices are sent to literally the same people as they always have been. The only differences that have a real impact on me are the budgets, and that’s a good difference- but that does highlight the inefficiency of the green model.

And this isn’t new information, but green energy is less green than that awful oil and gas. Atleast for now. I know that, you know that, the oil companies taking billions of dollars in subsidies to develop green energy know that. Im not sold on wind/solar as a total replacement for historically traditional energy. I don’t think anyone is. But I do think everyone agrees that there is only so much fuel still left in the earth, so it’s best if we start researching a replacement now. Maybe that’s wind and solar, maybe it’s something else (nuclear etc…), but when the last drop of petro or coal is extracted it’d be nice to still have air conditioning.

All I’m saying is: that windmill or that solar panel is going to feed a lot of the same mouths that oil and gas used to. Love it or hate it, they do some good.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
NW 10th and County Line Road in OKC.

1694070810963.png

ark-and-spark

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t understand the hate solar gets. It’s not pretty but it’s not that ugly. All it does is lay there and make electricity. I personally would love to have a solar farm.

Latest posts

Top Bottom