1200 acre solar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
How many played out fields are there that were written off years and years ago that are producing today like they never did before?

I work in a gas field that was drilled in the 40’s and 50’s. Back then they said it would only last till the 70’s.

Here I am a 1996 model working in 2023 on the junky old pipelines now.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work in a gas field that was drilled in the 40’s and 50’s. Back then they said it would only last till the 70’s.

Here I am a 1996 model working in 2023 on the junky old pipelines now.
You work at that ginormous gas plant east of Guymon?

I saw some wells up there drilled waaayyyyy back still flowing gas in the 2000's. One was drilled in the late '20s, it was only like 2800' deep, and I always wondered how many times a workover rig was put up on it. More in the '30s and quite a few in the '40s. The Hugoton field was definitely prolific and long lived.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You work at that ginormous gas plant east of Guymon?

I saw some wells up there drilled waaayyyyy back still flowing gas in the 2000's. One was drilled in the late '20s, it was only like 2800' deep, and I always wondered how many times a workover rig was put up on it. More in the '30s and quite a few in the '40s. The Hugoton field was definitely prolific and long lived.

Nah. Not that. Technically I work in the Hugoton field.

Latest posts

Top Bottom