125 guns offered in auction in McAlester.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
11 Garands?!! Holy crap!

I suspect a couple of those might be M1A's, since one is listed with a bipod... but yes, there are quite a few milsurps in this auction. If I had the scratch, I'd go if for no other reason than to see how stupid the high bids get ;)

revo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, those m1 garands and carbines appear to be from the cmp based off the packaging they are in.

Is it me or was there a couple of svt-40s in the pictures???

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might be tempted on trying to get one of those M-1 rifles or carbines but it seems a long way to drive just to see the price pushed beyond the ridiculous.

An off-topic note: The auctioneer seriously needs to fire his nephew for that horrendous website.

This. I think it's a requirement to check your brain at the door before bidding at an auction. :(

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun Auctions bring out a different crowd of people for some reason? Every auction I have ever attended the guns went way too high. I saw a man in Amarillo Texas smile and hold his hand in the air until he got the highest bid of I think it was $600.00 for a beat up universal 30 carbine???

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Huh. They require an ATF 4473 to buy anything at the auction, thats kind of a CYA as I'm reading it that I haven't seen before. They do have a list of the guns though now.

ETA: now that I read that a little further, I see that it is a form requiring proof of an NICS check, how would you go about getting that number for something like this? I'm a little ignorant of this process, been a long time since I've bought a gun, and the last few were all private purchase.

Also, WTF to the link for the 4473 in Espanol.

This is very misleading, first of all to get a 4473 you must go through an FFL, when we call them in the first thing they ask is for our FFL number, then they go through the buyers personal information for the background check and what kind of guns you are buying, The form must contain the Manufacturer, Model and serial numbers and caliber of each gun. AND if you are buying more than 5 pistols then there is a second form to fill out.

You are suposed to have proof of having been aproved on a 4473 before you can even register! How are you suposed to know all of that before bidding on a gun?

Latest posts

Top Bottom