125 guns offered in auction in McAlester.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
grizzly by the little avatar scratching its head I believe Model was joking.

No joke, there is a link for a 7743 in Spanish.
As long as they can prove that they are not felons Mexicans or any other nationality can legally buy guns here even if they are not citizens,,,even if they are here Illegally!!!

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The auctioneers are just requiring the 4473's be filled out and signed to protect themselves. They won't be called in. They are not required to perform background checks at an auction. They just want to provide every effort to sell only to legally qualified buyers.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats a good idea and if that is the case you can rest assured that they will be called in for the buyers before they can walk out with the guns.

No, they won't be called in, just kept on file in case someone lies on the form and it comes back on the auctioneers or the consignees. The form just has all the proper questions and a signature.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, they won't be called in, just kept on file in case someone lies on the form and it comes back on the auctioneers or the consignees. The form just has all the proper questions and a signature.

Huh. I wonder if they are providing a form protecting you from identity theft along with that, as they have 99% of what anyone would need to do so.

I'm not quite so sure I like that working that way, with someone so simple as an auctioneer that you're likely to never see again. Yes, I honestly feel that I would be more comfortable with a licensed seller than with an auctioneer in this case.

Plus, as I understood it, this was classified a private purchase anyway, and that there couldn't be any repercussion against the auctioneer or seller. . .

I'm not trying to be facetious, I'm just pretty ignorant on most of these laws. I have a hard time keeping track of which ones apply at which time and which ones don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom