14-year-old Phoenix boy shoots armed intruder

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just read this on my motorcycle forum. This is a perfect example of proper firearm use in a defensive situation where his experience with the firearm possibly made a difference, but his preparedness definitely did. I can't wait to see how the anti-firearm side swings it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot with some youngsters at a match this weekend. Any of them know far more about gun handling and safety than most adults.
My kids grew up with loaded guns in the house, and knew how to load and shoot them before they were teens.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does no one else think its a problem that the parents left a loaded firearm where a child could get it? Furthermore, left it there while they were not home?

I'd be proud as all get out of my son and im sure he has been taught not to touch dads gun and understood this is an instance where it would be OK but playing devil's advocate here. Pull it out of the context that the kid just shot an intruder, are the parents smart? I have a felling if this thread read "neighbor checks on kids and gets shot by child who had access to dads gun" this thread would have a very different tone.

None what so ever. My son has specific instructions to go to our bedroom, lock the door and call us immediately if anyone knocks on the door when we are not at home. He has access to several loaded firearms in the master suite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom