15 year old dead for robbing a fireworks stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Deputies: Robber killed after exchange of gunfire at fireworks stand
TULSA -- Tulsa County Sheriff's Office deputies are investigating Tuesday after a robbery and shooting at a fireworks stand.

The robbery was reported near 6500 West Charles Page Boulevard.

A man who deputies believe is the owner of the fireworks stand tried to stop the robbery, and pursued the robbers. Deputies said the robbers tried to leave the scene in a truck after stealing more than $600 worth of fireworks, when they said the owner jumped in the truck and gunfire was exchanged.

Deputies believe one of the robbers was killed in the gunfire. His body was found in the 6500 block of West Edison.

The owner of the fireworks stand was not hurt.

"It is very unfortunate," Deputy Justin Green with the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office said. "Criminals do things that can be very unthinkable. You never know when someone is going to have a gun to defend themselves. We see a lot of things in this day and time, so nothing surprises us anymore."

The other robber escaped the scene with two other men, deputies said. Deputies are actively searching for man, who is believed to be in his mid 20s. Deputies said he may have changed vehicles, and is believed to be armed.

Mike Waresback witnessed the aftermath of the crime while he sat on his porch.

He said he saw commotion going on in the street in front of his West Edison Street home. Waresback approached the green truck stopped in front of his home and saw a man dead in the front seat. He called police.

"I think it is a very big tragedy," Waresback said. "No two ways about it."

Waresback said he watched family members show up to the scene crying and it was hard for him to watch. He wishes the suspects would not have put themselves in that position.

http://www.1170kfaq.com/news/local-news/1-killed-after-attempted-robbery-at-fireworks-stand

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time working up any sympathy. I KNOW 15-year-old kids don't have "fully developed" brains BUT they do know right from wrong. Stealing is wrong.

On the other hand, all three of my teenagers shoplifted (and got caught and paid dearly for it, but thank God none of them died being a dumbass and doing something they KNEW was wrong) so, in all honesty, but for the grace of God go I.

All over some stupid fireworks. Feel bad for everyone involved -- both directly and indirectly. Sometimes being stupid (or implusive) can get you killed.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He didn't die over fireworks. He died, early on from initial reports, because his friend pulled a gun to stop the man trying to stop them from stealing.
The friend, if caught, will likely be charged with murder due to them being in the act of a crime.

The fireworks worker was beyond stupid to jump in the back of the truck, but he did. I believe he reasonably had a right to try to protect his things. Then once it stepped up with the driver pulling a gun, fireworks stand man had no choice.

Sucks all the way around.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if the fireworks stand owner will be charged, since he pursued the thieves? Akin to a homeowner chasing after a thief who just stole a TV out of his house, and getting into a gunfight in the street.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if the fireworks stand owner will be charged, since he pursued the thieves? Akin to a homeowner chasing after a thief who just stole a TV out of his house, and getting into a gunfight in the street.

Other reports on Channel 6 said it was the owner's SON who pursued and was involved in the gunplay. Confusing...

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is being discussed up in the Law & Order section. I'm all for being able to kill the bstrd regardless.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quote: Most people learn "Thou shalt not steal" early in life.
But that isn't taught in school anymore so the kids are on their own to determine which path they'll take in life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom