150 gr bullet for .30-06??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
will it be safe to load a 150 gr 308 [round nose ]bullit in my 30-06, using ramshot load guide for 150 gr bullits 30-06

probably ought to move this to the ammo section and start a new thread. I would diligently search a reloading manual or the ramshot website for this load and see what it says for the answer.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as the bullet diameter is correct for the weapon, and you don't load pointed bullets for a tubular magazine, go for it. Some bullets have more bearing surface than others and if you were already at maximum load pressure, substituting a bullet with more bearing surface might increase the pressures enough to be concerned about, but other than that, nothing to worry about. I have substituted different types of bullets many times over the years, as long as the weight and diameter is the same I haven't experienced any problems. I tend to stay at starting load data or at most the middle of the table for most of my guns. There have been a few exceptions over the years where I have had to load at the top end of the chart to get accuracy out of a particular rifle. Good luck, and load those suckers... Blitz

Latest posts

Top Bottom