1911--retro style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, we all have seen the pics of the Wilsons, NH, Kimbes, etc with the front serreations. I want a retroish 1911. I have a mil-spec Springer for the base and I was wondering what you gys have done to keep the 1911's lines simple and graceful. What sights, what msh, what grip safety/hammer configuration, what internal parts. Pics are appreciated too.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Kimber Pro Elite (commander style) doesn't have serrations on the front. in fact, it has the most awesome melt job I've ever seen. No sharp edges at all. But it's hardly "retro" as it has the beavertail grip safety, bobbed hammer, etc. I'll post a pic tonight when I get home. Can't access photobucket from work.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The very best no nonsense 1911 I ever saw was this Sheriff Jim Wilson Commemorative by Ed Brown...

[Broken External Image]

a3.bp.blogspot.com__v9HWGI5zFnU_R7FqR_go0iI_AAAAAAAAAOs_AmZn_Xc866c4f0e3376718f16c039f045a745d.jpg

I know, I know...it's not really "retro" but it's a simple, working man's .45 just the same.

If only it wasn't $2300! :ugh2:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked retro (gi's) until I shot one. Sights are terrible and hammer bite is no fun. I will never own another 1911 without a beaver tail.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I liked retro (gi's) until I shot one. Sights are terrible and hammer bite is no fun. I will never own another 1911 without a beaver tail.

How come? :anyone: Don'tcha just love your "railroad tracks" you now have on the web of your right hand? :naughty:

Remember...scars are souvenirs you never lose and tattoos with better stories. :thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom