1911--retro style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would you really buy it?
Outstanding looking work. But the pricing? :nolike:

Up to a point you get what you pay for. But his pricing past that point a ways back there. He's well into the gouging level IMO. I saw one that was listed at $5650 and it was marked as sold! :faint:

One of these days I want a GI type model. But those things hammer bite me bad!

Yes, if I was in a different tax bracket. :D
I understand saying it's overpriced but it's not gouging. These guys will put some considerable time into these things and that's not cheap. Some details take awhile to notice. How much would you charge for something if you put several weeks, possibly months, into building a gun? Mills, lathes, and welders aren't cheap. Just ask Olyeller. :D

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked retro (gi's) until I shot one. Sights are terrible and hammer bite is no fun. I will never own another 1911 without a beaver tail.

True. I have seen a few pistols that have a modifies grip safety and a ring hammer. A flat msh helps with that too. I agree, I did not know how bad loosing eyesight sucks but the 1911 is a natural pointer for me. On the way home I had the Last Man Standing movie running through my mind--sure would be nice to have a 1911 that did not need to be reloaded:clap3:

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here ya go, if it ain't a Colt, its just a copy. A blue Colt 70 series reissue.

[Broken External Image]

Very nice. I would love a Colt but I was able to trade into the Springer and want to do this on the budget mind. I want to carry this one too.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here ya go, if it ain't a Colt, its just a copy. A blue Colt 70 series reissue.

[Broken External Image]

As far as "retro" goes, I dunno if this can be beat.

Agreed. I don't own a 1911, but if I ever get one, I want it to look like that.

-S

That's how Walt likes 'em! :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVjMzrCMW9Q&feature=related

a4.bp.blogspot.com__UhyYGWx1U6g_SwvhW2uHvOI_AAAAAAAAAjs_ZPDWfGf_oqg_s1600_IMG_1258_mini.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom