• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Want To Buy 1999-2000 Toyota 4Runner 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
WTB:

• 1999 or 2000 4Runner. There is a *very* minute chance I'd be interested in a 2001-2002.
  • Solid condition: mechanical, interior, and exterior. No to minimal rust as well.
  • <200k miles strongly preferred. Really am looking in the ballpark of 180k and under. Rigs with 200+ miles should be in excellent mechanical condition to be considered.
  • Any color other than black. Thundercloud would be considered.
  • V6, Auto Tranny. Non-negotiable.
  • Rear Differential Lock--this is a BIG one. However, the right T4R at the right price would be considered.
  • Would prefer the vehicle to be anywhere from stock to tastefully (lightly) modded.

This rig will be my DD/weekend warrior/light camping rig, and I intend to drive it for 10+ years barring any unforeseen and/or unfortunate circumstances. Because of this, I am probably going to shy away from any vehicles that have been heavily modded.

Price-wise, I would presently like to spend less than $6500. That number will grow as time goes on, as my wife and I continue to throw money at purchasing a T4R. We have cash in hand. Don't be afraid to offer a rig that might be a bit out of my price range, the worst I can say is no or not right now.

I live in Oklahoma City, and am willing to drive (or fly!) to pick up the right rig. That being said, closer = better!

Feel free to PM me or shoot me a text at (405) 999-0961 (no calls initially please). I'd be happy to answer any questions or hear any feedback/tips you might have for me!

Thanks! :)

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ha! I have exactly what you are looking for, 2000 Thundercloud 4Runner SR5 4x4 w Rear locker and 180k miles, Unfortunately I love it way too much to sell it. Just thought it was funny my 4Runner hit all your bullet points.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Haha, I'm glad she is treating you right! Can't wait to find one for my very own :) We found a clean 4Runner in Chicago that had all the bullets, but the mechanic that looked at it said the undercarriage had been painted over (and there had definitely been rust underneath when it was painted), and the coolant overflow reservoir had pink milkshake frothing at the top. Best $84 I ever spent.

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ha! I have exactly what you are looking for, 2000 Thundercloud 4Runner SR5 4x4 w Rear locker and 180k miles, Unfortunately I love it way too much to sell it. Just thought it was funny my 4Runner hit all your bullet points.

That was cold man.:slap:;)

Haha, I'm glad she is treating you right! Can't wait to find one for my very own :) We found a clean 4Runner in Chicago that had all the bullets, but the mechanic that looked at it said the undercarriage had been painted over (and there had definitely been rust underneath when it was painted), and the coolant overflow reservoir had pink milkshake frothing at the top. Best $84 I ever spent.

Wow, nice save!