2 or 4??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In snow, a 4x4.
In ice, a 2x4 with a driver who knows what he's doing.
I've passed many a stuck 4x4 on icy roads with my car. It helps to have learned to drive in Jersey...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good thing people have 4x4s in Oklahoma with all this snow we've been getting the last two years. Today included. :D

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had a 4WD for several years. For most driving a 2WD is fine but I have been very grateful to have 4x4 on a few occasions, the last being Snowmageddon a couple years back.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coming from driving several high performance cars with summer tires on winter stuff, if you drive smart a 2wd can get you almost anywhere. With that I have a 4wd now for a daily driver. When you work for a utility company you dont get snow days off, we have to still go into work like I did yesterday and today. Man has it been steady too....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought an avalanche for our house projects and dogs..... haven't used the 4x4 once in nearly two years. Got around fine in a FWD Honda during "snowmageddon" and I had to work almost every day. Glad I kept the Honda. :D

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in central Illinois. Never had a 4wd till several years after I moved to Okla. When I was a kid in Illinois, a bag of sand, a shovel and a couple friends was all I needed to bust snow drifts and turn doughnuts around town. In 1996 I buried a new 4X4 chevy truck (no snow but middle of a pasture after a lot of rain) to the point that the tow truck driver handed me a card with a dozer operators phone # and drove away. That one cost me $250.00

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in central Illinois. Never had a 4wd till several years after I moved to Okla. When I was a kid in Illinois, a bag of sand, a shovel and a couple friends was all I needed to bust snow drifts and turn doughnuts around town. In 1996 I buried a new 4X4 chevy truck (no snow but middle of a pasture after a lot of rain) to the point that the tow truck driver handed me a card with a dozer operators phone # and drove away. That one cost me $250.00

Amen, from another transplanted Yankee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom