2 or 4??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4wd for me. But I will take my beat up rusted out '79 chevy 3/4 ton over my '10 gmc 1/2 ton ANY DAY for winter weather. The 79 is bone stock mostly with skinnier tires that are about 32" tall. has a 4 speed instead of an auto. Mechanical everything (no actuators or servos to lock in the front axle or t-case). and a posi track. Once i get a locker in the front with careful driving it will go where you point it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought an avalanche for our house projects and dogs..... haven't used the 4x4 once in nearly two years. Got around fine in a FWD Honda during "snowmageddon" and I had to work almost every day. Glad I kept the Honda. :D

My son went to school in Laramie, Wyoming. He drove a LOWERED Honda Del Sol all through one winter. The guys at his school nicknamed him Squeegee.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The 4x4 excursion does great going, 7.3l diesel in the front, 44gal tank hanging in the back.............can be hard to stop. 03' F250 4x4 CC LB does pretty well, with that said, I've had it on its side on an icy road, not the trucks fault. 71' ford bronco, locked front and rear, 4sp, split transfer case, I've not had the chance to use it yet in the snow/ice, so the verdict is out on that one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bbwwwwaaaa! You city boys impress me with your intimate knowledge of how a 2wd is superior to a 4wd.

You don't have a freeking clue about actually living in an area where a 4WD is used almost every day in the course of business.

Bring your 2wd street legal toy to my area on a dry day, and I'll put up a thousand dollar bet that you can't keep up with my Toyota Tacoma on the first challenge.
Then we will factor in a wet day, then a snow day.

Come prepared to make my new year much more profitable. cash is the only thing acceptable.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Bbwwwwaaaa! You city boys impress me with your intimate knowledge of how a 2wd is superior to a 4wd.

You don't have a freeking clue about actually living in an area where a 4WD is used almost every day in the course of business.

Bring your 2wd street legal toy to my area on a dry day, and I'll put up a thousand dollar bet that you can't keep up with my Toyota Tacoma on the first challenge.
Then we will factor in a wet day, then a snow day.

Come prepared to make my new year much more profitable. cash is the only thing acceptable.

That's the reason I had to buy a four wheeler and semi retire the 3 wheeler.

Latest posts

Top Bottom