20% Pay-Cut (furlough). How about some money saving ideas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The idiots are even present on stripes.com!
By the way some of those folks talk, we gubment workers should be the first to be cut since we make SO much damn money and have gold plated benefits. I have to stop reading commentary, it doesn't do anything but piss me off.

bearpaws

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cut costs on pay tv by getting a good quality hdtv antenae (free tv over the air)
This will be tough..not a cheapee at wally world. Best Buy had a bottom quality one that works. You will have to put as high up as possible and maybe on the peak of the roof.
I Like the Oldies and movies in HDTV today.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Told the wife we'd probably end up cutting cable completely, phone(only there for our alarm, I can add $7 a month to our house alarm and go wireless anyways), and step back to the basic internet, which would save us quite a bit. Eating out is a big thing, that will save us quite a bit. I can cut my gym membership for the time being and workout at work(small gym, too many people using it, I'd rather pay but can't pay where there's no extra money). I'm driving her small SUV instead of my full sized truck to save gas already, make my lunch every day, etc etc. I'm trying, have to get her on board, heh...

bearpaws

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
save on cellphone monthly fees.
Major cell phone carriers sell you locked cel phones to their service. Get an unlocked phone (uses any carrier) and shop for low cost simm card and service.
I have unlimited voice data internet for $50 and..no large fees!

bearpaws

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need mine to do that.
Told the wife we'd probably end up cutting cable completely, phone(only there for our alarm, I can add $7 a month to our house alarm and go wireless anyways), and step back to the basic internet, which would save us quite a bit. Eating out is a big thing, that will save us quite a bit. I can cut my gym membership for the time being and workout at work(small gym, too many people using it, I'd rather pay but can't pay where there's no extra money). I'm driving her small SUV instead of my full sized truck to save gas already, make my lunch every day, etc etc. I'm trying, have to get her on board, heh...

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Putting my name out to do extra IT work on the side. Am A+ certified and have been doing PC work for years. Guarantee I work cheaper, am more friendly, and am more qualified than anyone geek squad or the like can field. Looking to try to pad savings a little bit, heh..

Latest posts

Top Bottom