20% Pay-Cut (furlough). How about some money saving ideas...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I needed a home phone for the alarm system, but never use it, so I got cox to drop me from their $19 "basic" phone to one that's $8 and only allows 30min a month outgoing. Also dropped to the 3mbps internet. brought my total bill down from $80 to about $50.

Switched to Dish for TV, saved me $20 a month from cable.

Last thing I have to cut is our cell phones, but I'm having a hard time convincing the wife that a $500 cancellation fee is worth it.

This might be a good time for me to go on a diet.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad thing is that they are never the people to go. Not what you know, but who you know.

And it always seems the least productive folks know the boss really, really well. Well, of course, they do. They've got 6 to 7 hours a day to suck the boss' **** ... :grumble: (Yea, those folks used to **** me off something fierce! LOL)

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I would sell a gun or cut cable. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea the congress just passed 50 billion in Sandy aid without blinking a eye, yet these spending cuts will "supposedly" keep police from responding or firefighters from putting out fires. Not to mention pilots having to land without air traffic controllers. Lol

The fear mongering this administration is putting out is mind numbing.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Extreme couponing, minus the extreme hoarding and even the extreme part. My wife saves a bundle just doing smart shopping, taking advantage of doubling at Homeland, stacking at other places. Sign up for CVS's program as well. They give cash equivalent rewards and plenty register coupons. My wife has walked out of there with $100 worth of product WE USE for under $20 several times.

We have done the math and smart shopping is worth more than her joining the workforce. And that's before factoring in life balance.

Here is just one of many places to start:
http://www.moneysavingqueen.com/March-2011/Couponing-101-How-Do-I-Get-Started/

Latest posts

Top Bottom