20-Year-Old Charged In Beating Of 75-Year-Old Roommate At Detroit Nursing Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another story on it, this one has the father of the 20-year-old stating that his son should never have been placed in a nursing home.

20-Year-Old Beating Suspect Was Moved to Nursing Home Because He Has Covid-19

"He said his son was recently moved to the nursing center because the 20-year-old was diagnosed with COVID-19 at the University of Michigan Hospital.

The father said he's been working with Washtenaw County Mental Health Services to get his son the help he needs and that he was placed in a group home in Chelsea. But, recently, he said his son began hearing voices and that's when he was taken to the hospital and it was there he says that his son was diagnosed with COVID-19.

"He never should have been housed... quarantined with the victim that he eventually assaulted. That should have never happened," he said. "Someone dropped the ball."

The suspect's father also said his prayers go out to the man his son assaulted"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes he was white, I have seen the video. Father of the scumbag says he has mental issues and should not have been in the nursing home but the state or somebody sent him there instead of the secure facility he should have gone too.

Beginning to wonder if senors should start rioting every time one is abused in a nursing home.
Kind of hard to break a store front window with those tennis ball covered walkers.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another story on it, this one has the father of the 20-year-old stating that his son should never have been placed in a nursing home.

20-Year-Old Beating Suspect Was Moved to Nursing Home Because He Has Covid-19

"He said his son was recently moved to the nursing center because the 20-year-old was diagnosed with COVID-19 at the University of Michigan Hospital.

The father said he's been working with Washtenaw County Mental Health Services to get his son the help he needs and that he was placed in a group home in Chelsea. But, recently, he said his son began hearing voices and that's when he was taken to the hospital and it was there he says that his son was diagnosed with COVID-19.

"He never should have been housed... quarantined with the victim that he eventually assaulted. That should have never happened," he said. "Someone dropped the ball."

The suspect's father also said his prayers go out to the man his son assaulted"
I read a news clip today that said it wasn't the first time the 20 yr old assaulted an elder. It appears he has a history of that. I'll look and see if I can find it.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's called a semi-private room (two beds, separated by a curtain when needed), and it's a lot cheaper than a private room.

My confusion wasn't someone else in the room......but a 20 year old and a 75 year old?
I'd never heard of that. Is that common?
The extent of my experience with nursing homes is only the one that my great-grandmother was in when I was in grade school back in Indiana. There were room mates....but there sure weren't any 20 year olds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom