2010 Osa Silencer Shoot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who brings factory new brass cased ammo from a reputable source is welcome to put that through my stuff, I'll just want to check it first.

I wouldn't have a problem with this if it was easy to tell factory from reloads. I'm just not confident that someone's handloads wouldn't slip thru. With as big as thing looks like it's turning into, it'd be pretty easy.

I personally don't have a problem buying ammo from the range to shoot something I may never get the opportunity to shoot again. I don't anticipate ever buying a FA (would like to one day, but will probably never get to), so if I have to spend a little more to buy the ammo from the range to make the owner of said FA more comfortable, so be it.

BTW, I'd love to take my sparrow for a few mags thru that FA of yours.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem with this if it was easy to tell factory from reloads. I'm just not confident that someone's handloads wouldn't slip thru. With as big as thing looks like it's turning into, it'd be pretty easy.

I personally don't have a problem buying ammo from the range to shoot something I may never get the opportunity to shoot again. I don't anticipate ever buying a FA (would like to one day, but will probably never get to), so if I have to spend a little more to buy the ammo from the range to make the owner of said FA more comfortable, so be it.

BTW, I'd love to take my sparrow for a few mags thru that FA of yours.

I feel pretty confident in my ability to judge the person and the ammo. Of course anything going through my 16 will get extra scrutiny! And you're on with the Sparrow going FA. I've been wanting to see how it would do in that application anyway. :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And thats the other can I'm considering! It's down to those two. I was thinking that if I didn't already have the Pilot, I'd get the Sparrow. But since I have the Pilot I was leaning towards the Spectre.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And thats the other can I'm considering! It's down to those two. I was thinking that if I didn't already have the Pilot, I'd get the Sparrow. But since I have the Pilot I was leaning towards the Spectre.

The spectre's definately a lot more robust (.22 mag rated), but the sparrow has it's own advantages too. As I recall from your famous review, you already know the pros/cons of each, but nothing quite like hands on.
:thumbup3:

I'm sure he'd be itching to run the spectre FA as well...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The spectre's definately a lot more robust (.22 mag rated), but the sparrow has it's own advantages too. As I recall from your famous review, you already know the pros/cons of each, but nothing quite like hands on.
:thumbup3:

I'm sure he'd be itching to run the spectre FA as well...

Bring it on! :)

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man how do I tell family I am going to cut my time back home with them short just to come hang out with you guys.

Well by then I should have an AAC Aviator, SilencerCo Osprey .40, and a YHM Phantom .338.

The 22 isn't a problem for reloads, the 40 I'll probably just pick up a bunch of federal from Wal-mart and the 338 will be on my 338edge so no such thing as factory ammo, guess that will be reloads only provided by me.

MAJ MALFUNCTION

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am down for this. I am also a member at USSA and have some contacts there if needed.
Bryon, I can bring my AAC element, AWC Archangel, AWC Raider, custom 12G suppressor on a SBR Tromix Saiga and some others including a 308 Shark suppressor and an old school two stage Sionics can on my Mac 10/45.

You can bring my SCAR-H SD if the stamp hasn't cleared before then and I can get a host gun together to run it on. If the transfer has completed and I have it then I will bring it too.

That's awesome Tom!!

I'll give you a call - I could really use a guy to help RSO my side of the shooting bay that we'll be setting up in. I need a squared away dude who can perform an "in the field" thyroidectomy with a dull pocket knife, if need be. You know anyone like that??? ;)

10mmPhil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI: June 26, 2010 is the same day as the "other" Oklahoma silencer shoot aka Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot and Trade Show aka OFASTS at Wyandotte, Ok.

Latest posts

Top Bottom