2010 Osa Silencer Shoot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This may be an event for OSA members, but unless OSA is paying for it, I wouldn't consider it an "OSA Event". Since OSA is no longer taking sponsors, Cold Hand Arms and other dealers haven't been able to become sponsors. As for a silencer trade show, that is going to happen whether you plan for it or not.

So what I'll offer now is a $500 donation towards this event. I know times are tough and people want to be able to check out suppressors without a hefty range fee. I'd like to give back for the local business I've gotten. As with before, I don't plan on having a booth there. I just want people to know that I'm here to help them with their class III sales and service.

I agree with you on this. I kind of thought of this as a way for someone like me who has never shot anything suppressed to try out a bunch of stuff. And then sit down with one of the dealers and say "I want that" now how do we do it. And when can I meet with you to do the paperwork. A co-worker and I are planning on going. And we were both planning on possibly plunking down some money that day to start the process on a suppressor.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with you on this. I kind of thought of this as a way for someone like me who has never shot anything suppressed to try out a bunch of stuff. And then sit down with one of the dealers and say "I want that" now how do we do it. And when can I meet with you to do the paperwork. A co-worker and I are planning on going. And we were both planning on possibly plunking down some money that day to start the process on a suppressor.

Exactly how I took it as well.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did read the thread; apologies if I misunderstood something. I do realize that you can't run anything through the weapons and only mentioned it because I thought someone earlier in the thread mentioned that quality factory FMJ ammo would be appreciated so that he could save travel weight.

No offense intended.:sorry4:

You shouldnt have to apologize. You are well within your right to bring whatever you want/can. I know *SOME* other people will be more appreciative.

Sorry, no offense taken. I just didn't want you or anyone else to waste time bringing ammo that most have already stated they wouldn't allow to be used with there cans. If Whitey wants to let anyone bring whatever they have to shoot thru his, that's fine. I'm just saying most have already stated they only want ammo purchased from them or the range to be used. I stated I wasn't planning on bringing any to sell, so primarily only range ammo in mine. This makes it easier to control what's being used. If Major brings some Ala. Ammo, as requested, that's cool too. I wouldn't have a problem trusting it or anything else he brought. One solution would be to use Cold Hand Arms' offer of $500, towards ammo for everyone to use. If one of the Vendors or other big players (Tyromeo, GlocktoGo, etc...) in attendance is willing to bring it, I will donate $100 towards ammo for the common supply. This is better than replacing one of my cans.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what it's supposed to be about I believe. Some owners and some dealers out for an enjoyable day introducing new people to the world of suppressors. The dealers may profit from it and some of us afficionados enjoy sharing our toys.

About all we ask in return for the opportunity to shoot some wonderful stuff is that the investment we've made in these items be appreciated by those that would like to try them. That may mean we'll want to set conditions on ammo used in our equipment, what we'll allow to be mounted on our platforms or what we'll allow our suppressors to be mounted on.

I don't think anyone there will be stingy on letting people shoot stuff, but we will want to protect those investments from possible damage. Repairing or replacing a damaged NFA item is not a quick or painless process.

I hope everyone who's thinking about attending will come and have a great time. :)

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, no offense taken. I just didn't want you or anyone else to waste time bringing ammo that most have already stated they wouldn't allow to be used with there cans. If Whitey wants to let anyone bring whatever they have to shoot thru his, that's fine. I'm just saying most have already stated they only want ammo purchased from them or the range to be used. I stated I wasn't planning on bringing any to sell, so primarily only range ammo in mine. This makes it easier to control what's being used. If Major brings some Ala. Ammo, as requested, that's cool too. I wouldn't have a problem trusting it or anything else he brought. One solution would be to use Cold Hand Arms' offer of $500, towards ammo for everyone to use. If one of the Vendors or other big players (Tyromeo, GlocktoGo, etc...) in attendance is willing to bring it, I will donate $100 towards ammo for the common supply. This is better than replacing one of my cans.

Well I'm planning to bring a supply of subsonic .44 Mag, as that isn't exactly a common stock item and jacketed .44 Spl is pretty pricey. I also plan to bring some 9mm subsonic and a supply of 5.56 that I don't mind having shot in my M4-2000. Anyone who brings factory new brass cased ammo from a reputable source is welcome to put that through my stuff, I'll just want to check it first. Of course I'll spring for plenty of .22 LR which I already have on hand and if someone has a FA rated .22 can, they're more than welcome to put it on my dedicated FA .22 LR upper.

I can't afford to supply free ammo for everyone, so if you want to fire more than a couple of shots I'd appreciate help defraying the costs.

All of this is assuming that it will be held on a weekend I'm available to assist of course. :)

okent

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am with Glocktogo.
I will bring all my goodies and am more than happy for anyone to try them out.
I will bring ammo for all my guns and there will not be any charge for shooting my stuff but if someone has factory ammo that I would put in my gun then I won't turn it away.

This is turning into something very exciting and I am happy to participate.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Point being, bring what you would like. Most that will happen is someone will tell you they prefer a certain ammo not be shot through their host/can.

Personally, I will be bringing my own reloads and plenty of them to be shot through my hardware. If you bring factory ammo (federal, winnie, remington) I am ok with that being used.

I would like to see as many people show up as possible. Lets try to make this an event where people feel welcome to come and participate regardless of their current C3 stamp collection size.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPDATE

OK dudes and dudets!

The shoot is well under way and we have a date of JUNE 26th!!!!
It will be at the Unites States Shooting Academy here in Tulsa.

There will be NO COST! The range fee will be picked up by USSA and the toys will be brought by members and the MAJOR! The only cost to you will be Ammo which can be purchased from the range or from major for a nominal fee if you want to shoot his toys (or by request from individual owners to shoot their stuff). No huge markup just regular prices. I might set up a donation box to be given to the site also but that is not mandatory (even though it would be nice).

The day will be during the last day of the swat nationals and will be open to whomever would like to show up so bring your friends and family out!!!!

More info to follow so keep you eyes peeled but go ahead and mark the day on your calendar. This will truly be the opportunity of a lifetime to actually see, hear, and touch the caliber of items that will be there that day.

THANKS OSA - USSA - MAJOR!!!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE

OK dudes and dudets!

The shoot is well under way and we have a date of JUNE 26th!!!!
It will be at the Unites States Shooting Academy here in Tulsa.

There will be NO COST! The range fee will be picked up by USSA and the toys will be brought by members and the MAJOR! The only cost to you will be Ammo which can be purchased from the range or from major for a nominal fee if you want to shoot his toys (or by request from individual owners to shoot their stuff). No huge markup just regular prices. I might set up a donation box to be given to the site also.

The day will be during the last day of the swat nationals and will be open to whomever would like to show up so bring your friends and family out!!!!

More info to follow so keep you eyes peeled but go ahead and mark the day on your calendar. This will truly be the opportunity of a lifetime to actually see, hear, and touch the caliber of items that will be there that day.

THANKS OSA - USSA - MAJOR!!!

Great job, T. Im sure everyone owes you a huge "Thank you" for heading this thing up when time is in short supply and highly valued.

So from me, THANK YOU for getting this going!

Also, thanks to USSA and all those who plan on participating.

Latest posts

Top Bottom