This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this movie this weekend. It was interesting in two ways.

First, the audience. There were probably no more than 50 in attendance (in Ardmore) at a 2:00 Saturday matinee. Almost without exception, they were senior citizens. This is the group that is supposed to be so afraid that the Republicans are gonna rape their medicare and social security. Makes you wonder why they were even there. After all, this is Little Dixie. But, there they were and they were paying attention.

When it was over, I said to my wife, in a voice most could overhear, "Let's go vote". It got a lot of laughs and quite a few "Good idea" comments. Afterward, quite a few applauded the movie.

Secondly, since I follow this stuff pretty closely, I had seen most of the info presented. However, this was the first time I had seen it in some sort of context. If, and that will be a big "if" for some, this info was essentially correct, You've got to have some real concern.

I know one thing for sure; we bought a pig in a poke. There was nothing in his background which should have made us vote for this man as President.

Well, having stated my opinion, you're now welcome to yours.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, since no one in the press bothered to really delve into his background, it was not even offered up for consideration. You have to look hard to really find out much about the man. Most of the sheeple simply listened the adoring press and based their opinion on what they heard.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Press/Media remains one of the biggest problems. I usually get most of my news from Fox and the newspaper. I rarely view CNN or MSM channels. I now learn that there was virtually no tv coverage of the DNC's floor vote debacle. I even asked a friend what he thought about it and he was clueless as to what I was talking about.

Keep the peasants in the dark and they will perform as directed.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm proud to say I listened to what Obama had to say, learned where he came from, whom he called friends, who his mentors were - and still are, I'm sure! - and voted against him. I'll vote against him again this November - if the opportunity to vote still exists by then! (A lot can happen in two months!)

I hope that "2016" comes out on DVD real soon.

Woody

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If your getting your news from Fox your not getting anything otger than the right wings opinion of the news. If you would have bothered tuning in to other channels, the debacle, was telivised and covered quite well.

Sounds like your opinions have been skewed to lean to the right. Either way there yours, claim them with pride.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
If your getting your news from Fox your not getting anything otger than the right wings opinion of the news. If you would have bothered tuning in to other channels, the debacle, was telivised and covered quite well.

Sounds like your opinions have been skewed to lean to the right. Either way there yours, claim them with pride.

At least FOX news allows the other side their chance at explaining their position.. Juan Williams and Bob Beckel to name a few.. And they allow them to voice their opinions without belittling them in the process. They even allow, wait for it, wait for it, them to appear in prime time and have longer than 10 seconds to respond to questions or offer an opinion.

When a Conservative tries to do that on the other channels, they get fired..

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least FOX news allows the other side their chance at explaining their position.. Juan Williams and Bob Beckel to name a few.. And they allow them to voice their opinions without belittling them in the process. They even allow, wait for it, wait for it, them to appear in prime time and have longer than 10 seconds to respond to questions or offer an opinion.

When a Conservative tries to do that on the other channels, they get fired..

More than once, FOX has been interested in hiring people from the left as well as from the right. I don't remember his name right now, but after the 2008 Democratic primary was over with, one of Hillary Clinton's major campaign execs was hired by FOX. When he was asked why he became affiliated with FOX, he stated that FOX was the ONLY network on either cable or broadcast TV that was fair in their coverage of Hillary.

I once even wanted to be a journalist, so I still have a great interest in the news media. The main-stream media has long been biased. Read the book, Bias, by Bernard Goldberg, who was a CBS correspondent. He clearly explains that the media is so set in their ways that even a true middle-of-the-road presentation of news is considered as being right-wing by the media. Most of the main stream media folks live and work with those of their own left-wing philosophy and have thus begun to believe that they, the left-wing, are really middle-of-the-road.

Personally, I tend to get my news from talk radio (conservative) and The Drudge Report. Then, I go out and independently look for information that can verify what I read or heard from those sources. It might amaze some to know, but years ago, there were two UCLA professors who conducted a study of various news outlets, including The Drudge Report. All of their study was based on the content of the news presented as it was presented by each news outlet. The Drudge Report was labeled in their report as "Liberal" because Drudge linked to news stories that were initially reported in liberal news sources more often that to right leaning sources.

As I had stated in an earlier forum thread about the movie 2016, I knew of most of the information in the movie before the movie. However, I've never seen so much of that information put together as well as D'Sousa did it.

Now, since I've confessed that I once wanted to be a journalist, I have to praise the fact that I "failed" in college. Otherwise, if I had become a journalist, basing on the philosophies of most of the media, I would be forced to commit suicide for being in such a business.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Lurker, I'm well aware of Fox's bias. However, even with that bias, they offer a more balanced (my choice of words, not theirs) view of both the world and domestic scene. I, for many years, did not have access to Fox. I, like most folks, got my porridge from CNN and the 3 MSM. When Fox became available to me, it was like a revelation. Now I have a real appreciation for the definition of bias as a leaning and bias as a way of domination.

If you've read much that I've offered on the subject of politics, and until now, that's not been much, you'll have noticed my leaning. I'm a Little Dixie born and raised Democrat who grew up and saw something I didn't much care for. I made the change years ago and haven't looked back. I was not a happy Republican camper when George Bush began to cave in his second term. I wasn't happy with the prospects of McCain. I gave Obama a look early on, but all I saw there was air. Romney wasn't my first choice this time, but in him I see some hope.

In fact, the MSM coverage of the event in question was very limited, and was not much in the way of discussion about first, the farcity (my word) of the vote itself and, second, the fact that well over half the Democratic delegates in attendance preferred to leave out reference to God, and Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get wound up. I don't usually get confrontational, but the subject is critical.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lurker
I constantly hear tales of Fox News bias. Please give us some pacific details of where their NEWS is biased. Don't tell me about their opinion shows, just the NEWS shows. I'll be waiting for your answer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom