2017 Rut

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does were out and about. No chasing that I saw. Watched this group for 35 minutes and they kept looking back into the trees. They moved off right at legal sunset. I gave it a few more minutes and it was too dark to shoot so I started to load up. A nice buck spooked and ran across the road. I think he was back in the trees outta sight for at least 20 minutes while these does milled around. Western Pottowatamie county.
IMG_5252.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
12hrs on stand today and i saw neither shitt nor shinola. buddy passed a 2.5 yr 8 chasing a doe this morning.

same as every year when it dwindles. you never know what you'll see, but it probably won't be much. at least at our place. could be good tho. weekend after thanksgiving has been productive for me in the past so i will be doing all day saturday and 6 or 7 hrs sunday. gotta put your hours in. taking friday to sleep in.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does were out and about. No chasing that I saw. Watched this group for 35 minutes and they kept looking back into the trees. They moved off right at legal sunset. I gave it a few more minutes and it was too dark to shoot so I started to load up. A nice buck spooked and ran across the road. I think he was back in the trees outta sight for at least 20 minutes while these does milled around. Western Pottowatamie county.
View attachment 109848

Do you have any problems with the public trying to pick out a tree at this Christmas tree farm while you're hunting?

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to go to the in-laws for lunch tomorrow but I'll hunt at their place that evening. No stands, feeders, or cameras but it's where my avatar buck came from last season so there's hope.
My wife hunted the place up until 6 years ago when we got married and always killed nice deer on it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have any problems with the public trying to pick out a tree at this Christmas tree farm while you're hunting?

I know right? It's my FIL's and his cousins place. I know a guy with one of these and I'm going to try to get him on it for a few hours. It sure needs it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom