2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is outstanding, congratulations to the kid. Nice looking doe.
It’s also his third heart shot.

2155870B-B120-44BA-AE6F-D9E6F344EAE4.jpeg

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here Leaving the office with my bosses son at 1200, took him out stalking last year and he did really well, so this year I've got him a nice 102 yard shot out of a 5x8 Platform blind we built. Hopeful he will land the shot on one of the healthy does I've had on camera
Kid got it done, had 3 does all with fawns and a couple still nursing, and this little snag horn buck so I told him it was his choice to make. He chose the buck and made a great shoulder shot and also learned how to properly finish them off. Not too bad for his first one

Attachments

• FB8DE52C-2E0C-4801-B4C6-6F7D6B8FEBF2.jpeg
    FB8DE52C-2E0C-4801-B4C6-6F7D6B8FEBF2.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kid got it done, had 3 does all with fawns and a couple still nursing, and this little snag horn buck so I told him it was his choice to make. He chose the buck and made a great shoulder shot and also learned how to properly finish them off. Not too bad for his first one
Pass on Congrats!

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please pass on my congrats to the young man!!! :thumb:

Taking the boss’ kid is risky. I hope you don’t get fired for opening the can of worms that comes when someone really gets into deer hunting.:blush:

Just kidding! That’s a super nice gesture, and I hope the young man and his Dad appreciate it.:thumb:
I was more concerned how my boss would feel about learning proper throat cutting technique 😂

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I guess I’m out of the loop on the throat cutting myself. :anyone:

Ive held their mouth closed and covered their nose to finish them off. Suffocate. Is that kinda screwed up? Better than letting them suffer and you don’t damage meat by shooting them again I guess.

This is when they’re still alive but not quite dead yet.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive held their mouth closed and covered their nose to finish them off. Suffocate. Is that kinda screwed up? Better than letting them suffer and you don’t damage meat by shooting them again I guess.

This is when they’re still alive but not quite dead yet.
Nah not at all, I just always keep a shave sharp edge on my old schrade hunting knife and it cuts to the bone with a half moon motion like butter

Latest posts

Top Bottom