2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a big soft shell turtle on the south bank of the river after it dried up along with the hundreds of catfish and carp skeletons. :censored:
D2790467-2FBE-4EF4-87A7-B91FB9FBF57D.jpeg
Biggest box turtle i've seen

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw on a TX hunting message board that another one of those @ssholes has leased a place in Oklahoma. The ODWC needs to make some rule against leasing land to out of staters, because this sh*t is getting out of control. You know that SOB is going to brag to all his buddies, and then they’ll be trying to find leases too. :censored: :finger:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just saw on a TX hunting message board that another one of those @ssholes has leased a place in Oklahoma. The ODWC needs to make some rule against leasing land to out of staters, because this sh*t is getting out of control. You know that SOB is going to brag to all his buddies, and then they’ll be trying to find leases too. :censored: :finger:
Probably too late. A lot of the land around us is leased by Tx hunters. They can't believe how cheap the leases are for the quality of deer they see compared to Tx leases.
Even been a couple of TV hunters film shows around here.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably too late. A lot of the land around us is leased by Tx hunters. They can't believe how cheap the leases are for the quality of deer they see compared to Tx leases.
Even been a couple of TV hunters film shows around here.
Well, you’ve got a new Texas neighbor, because this guy’s place is in Grant county but quite a ways north of yours. :censored:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you’ve got a new Texas neighbor, because this guy’s place is in Grant county but quite a ways north of yours. :censored:
The day or two before gun season Lamont and Medford are packed with Tx plates on trailers full of UTV's, blinds, pallets of corn and feeders.
Around Kaw lake it's all Kansas hunters.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After filling my two rifle “tags” on the 22nd, I wandered the woods until I found a hunting spot the prior two owners used. Prior trips looking at Realtor photos (with lots of bucks and landscape hints), aerial maps, and flights with my eldest’s drone were unsuccessful. Success was realized when I noted a metallic glint in a tree top; it was from an old tree stand. I subsequently fired up the brush hog, pole saw, and tracked down a feeder that should be almost maintenance free and will hopefully make for happy deer until I return from AZ. I’m using a mix of Buck Seduction deer feed and corn.

F1842C20-938B-4B52-B970-EFD2F29AC093.jpeg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After filling my two rifle “tags” on the 22nd, I wandered the woods until I found a hunting spot the prior two owners used. Prior trips looking at Realtor photos (with lots of bucks and landscape hints), aerial maps, and flights with my eldest’s drone were unsuccessful. Success was realized when I noted a metallic glint in a tree top; it was from an old tree stand. I subsequently fired up the brush hog, pole saw, and tracked down a feeder that should be almost maintenance free and will hopefully make for happy deer until I return from AZ. I’m using a mix of Buck Seduction deer feed and corn.

View attachment 324592
Wow. The previous owners left that feeder? Score!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rarely see bucks with busted up racks here in east TX, but bucks commonly have points or multiple points or beams broke off in Oklahoma. The buck I killed in 2020 broke off 7 points in 2019. Here’s how he ended up that year, and I have his right shed.
DC8F49AF-5543-4B56-9AFA-9A7B247660FE.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom